The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA Somalia is seeking to recruit Admin/Finance Officer to be based in Mogadishu.
- Prepare payment vouchers and ensure the adequacy of supporting documentations
- Update cashbooks / spreadsheets and keep all the books in perfect order
- Track work advances & prepare journal vouchers
- Ensure compliance with ADRA policies and donor guidelines
- Prepare projects bank reconciliations and cash counts
- Scan projects payment vouchers & upload to shared-point
- Execute approved field travels as approved by the Project Manager.
- Process and make requests for funds.
- Ensure that vouchers are sent on time.
- Timely submission of reports.
- Prepare, review staff payroll and ensure tax deductions are correct & remitted to the required authorities on time
- Responsible for collection of timesheets.
- Assist in ensuring that all the project finance documents are made ready and forwarded to the respective office.
- Ensure that all payment vouchers bear the necessary requisitions/approvals and supporting documents.
- Ensure security of financial information and take regular backups.
- Assist in monitoring of asset movement in the field and ensure all documents pertaining to procurement are in place.
- File Project/other organizational documents and maintain good filing system
- Filing all correspondence pertaining to administration
- Ensuring all transaction with the local bank are filed.
- Create and maintain good relationship with other departments without compromising professional ethics and integrity.
- A Degree in business administration with a specialization in accounting.
- At least 6 years’ experience with an NGO or UN agency in a related position.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Word processing and Excel spreadsheet
- Good written and spoken English and Somali
- Honest and dependable character
- Good sense of cleanliness
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter and Curriculum Vitae to HYPERLINK “mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org” email@example.com not later than 30th September 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
‘’ADRA Somalia is committed to upholding the rights of all children and vulnerable adults that we serve and those we interact with in the course of our work. We endevour to protect all from all forms of abuse and exploitation as outlined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) six core principles on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA). ADRA Somalia has zero tolerance to abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries and staff.’’