Admin Assistant - (2002042)
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: 1 year (subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need for the position)
Organization: EM_SOM WHO Representative's Office, Somalia
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provide full administrative support; draft, review and revise correspondence, reports and documents for proper format and content in consultation with the supervisor, independently compose correspondence of administrative nature, take notes at meetings, provides informal interpretation/translation when required.
2. Process requests of administrative actions related to joint programme of work (JPRM) and requests for goods and services, such as fellowships, DFCs and national training activities; maintain a systematic tracking and follow-up system.
3. Scan, record, refer and follow up correspondence and documents, evaluate the urgency or critical nature bringing them to the attention of the responsible staff. Inform and remind responsible staff of follow-up dates, response or specific actions, supplying supporting material as appropriate;
4. Compile background material for planning, monitoring and evaluation (including mini-review) exercises. Maintain and update the filing of technical documents and correspondence (paper based/databases). Create background reference material as appropriate.
5. Finalize all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of meetings held in EMST (working groups, seminars/courses, workshops) and pay per diem to participants as appropriate (if needed); arrange for video conferences with Regional Office, HQ, other countries and partners.
6. Using GSM, initiate local purchase requests for both catalogue and non-catalogue items in an efficient manner, monitor status and ensure timely process of requests and delivery of goods and services; follow up with concerned parties customs clearance, receipt of deliverables, storage, installation and finalization of payments.
7. Finalize all administrative and logistics preparations required for the organization of non-technical meetings with representatives from other UN agencies, MOPH, etc. related to administrative issues, as required and follow-up on recommendations.
8. Brief colleagues on general office administrative process. Assist/replace administrative staff in the team and perform other related duties as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial training. Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset.
Essential: At least five years' progressive administrative experience. Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Ability to train other staff on administrative matters.- Good analytical, planning and sound organizational skills;- Stress and time management skills.- Knowledge of WHO systems, procedures and practices is an asset
Teamwork Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences Communication Producing results Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language. Desirable:
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 15,589 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.