The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Finance and Administration Officer and overall direction of the Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Extract and input data from various sources in administrative, human resource, procurement and other WFP corporate systems;
- Ensure all administrative activities are conducted in line with the Administrative Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS);
- Review supporting documentation, verify claims for action and conformance with administrative rules and regulations and liaise with other offices as appropriate;
- Reconciles suppliers’ invoices with the purchase orders and supporting documents, initiate purchase request and ensures vendors are paid;
- Ensure all generators are in good working conditions at all time;
- Manage office vehicles fleet, and maintain updated records of fuel movement, including supervision of drivers;
- Act as the premises and guest house focal point for the office and guesthouse;
- Supervisor the outsourced company for cleaning and guest house services;
- Ensure timely reservation of Guesthouse rooms as assist with follow-up on recoveries;
- Manages office stationary and supply stock and ensures consumption reports are submitted on regular basis;
- Participate in the physical inventory counting;
- Focal point of disposal or damaged and obsolete assets;
- Act as Procurement focal point for the office, distribute tender documents to suppliers and follow-up on their submission;
- Coordinate and arrange facilities for meetings, workshops or seminars;
- Make travel arrangement in line with administrative rules and procedures;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in administration or related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Four years of progressively responsible work experience in general administration work with atleast one year in the field of accounting, human resources and procurement related work.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somalia is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of common business processes, procedures and systems in Administrative work;
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention
- Knowledge of UN/WFP administrative regulations and rules in the area of work is an added advantage.
You are required to submit an online application through E-Recruitment
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.