UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child,
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children's rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Admin Assistant, performs a variety of duties related including supervision of drivers for day to day admin management, prepare for missions and assign the drivers, and responsible for the vehicles maintenance and repair and over all office maintenance etc.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Coordinate all transport requests and services for staff and authorized personnel, airport transportation, delivery and pick-up of correspondence/documents, pouches and Programme supplies as required. Manage the transport function and provide timely movement of Programme supplies to project sites.
- Searches office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference. Selects information and records in specified format, or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or Programme plans and general reference documents.
- Undertake the planning and coordinating with the service providers for effective and timely movement of staff and supplies for the implementation of Programme activities.
- Receive, screen and log incoming mail and correspondence, attaching responses to routine and non-substantive correspondence for the Operations Section, ensure that the urgent mail is attended to promptly by the designated staff member.
- Drafts correspondence and reports in accordance with standard office procedures. Responds to queries relating to the area of responsibility.
- Arrange and supervise activities and services related to regular servicing, maintenance and repair of UNICEF Vehicles, generators, office and guesthouse, and security of UNICEF premises and property.
- Provide guidance to Drivers and day to day coordination within the office transport section. Assign duties to Drivers, Issue fuel coupons for authorized vehicles daily and check on log book mileage to reconcile fuel taken and distance covered. Undertake detailed checks on fuel consumed against bills submitted at the end of each month. Prepare summary sheet report on fuel consumption and maintenance.
- Works closely with the Administrative Assistant to process security clearances for the staff travelling on field missions or official travel.
- Makes travel reservations, prepares travel orders and assembles information pertinent to the purpose of travel
- Advises and makes arrangements for shipment and receipt of office and project supplies and equipment
- Maintains, updates and transmits inventory records of non-expendable equipment
- Responsible for keeping stock of office stationery, equipment accessories and consumables including toner cartridges, and distribution of stationery as per requests. Prepare monthly summary sheet on the balances of the items.
For every Child, you demonstrate...
- Completion of Secondary Education. Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations.
- Supplementary courses in admin related field and asset. Proficiency in computer packages.
- Four years’ general clerical work which should have provided a good knowledge of clerical experience. Experience in supervision of fleet of vehicles an asset.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required..
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The core competencies required for this post are...
- Builds and maintains partnerships (1)
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness, (1)
- Innovates and embraces change, Drive to achieve results for impact, (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity, (1)
- Thinks and acts strategically, (1)
- Works collaboratively with others, and (1)
- Nurtures, leads, and manages people.(1)
To view our competency framework, please visit here
to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply the position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process