Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia Since May 1992. Currently, Action Against Hunger is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security and the livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and Responsibilities:
Action Against Hunger Somalia is looking for a suitable Somali National to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. The position will be based in Mogadishu -Somalia. The Administrative Assistant reports hierarchically and technically to the Human Resources Coordinator
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office and guest house. Supports Action Against Hunger visitors, managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
The Administrative Assistant‘s core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Mission 1: Welcome visitors and manage the incoming calls/emails:
- Receive visitors and inform the person concerned;
- Receive telephone calls, transfer them to the persons concerned, note them down in the register and take messages if necessary;
Mission 2: Book flight & taxis for guests
- Process flight bookings for all staff and guests to somalia Mission
- Get travel quotes from service provider for validated travels.
- Compare the quotes and liaise with users (staff) and supervisor before ticketing.
- Manage relationships with services providers with intent of ensuring effective buyer supplier relationships.
- Ensure Logistics Coordinator and CD approve Domestic Flight Requests when travel involves security prone areas.
Mission 3: Support the Action Against Hunger team in administrative tasks
- Photocopy and scan documents upon request;
- Share the scanned copy to various departments and send hand copy to other recipients as authorised by Grants manager.
- Make sure the photocopy machine is in order at all times.
- Type meeting minutes on request;
- Book boardrooms for various missions meetings
- Organise courier services sending
- To manage administrative matters for transit staff such as visas, vaccinations etc.
- · Ensure service provider’s invoices (flight and Capital Hotels are paid in timely manner.
- Dealing with immigration matters to include preparing work permit documents for international staff in collaboration with the HR Officer
Mission 4 : Manage the office supplies:
- Check regularly the stock of stationeries;
- Prepare the purchase request for office supplies and share them to logistics
- Manage phone cards
Mission 5: Book accommodation for guests and staff
- Arrange and follow up accommodation booking requests when made Link with staff to ensure accommodation whilst in Mogadishu is well organized.
- Liaise with Base Admin and Logistics in managing field accommodation when visitors flight involve field assignments.
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- High school Certificate
- Diploma/Degree or equivalent; preferred
- 1 Year experience in general administrative duties
- Good relations with people
- Sense of confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
How to apply:
Applications, should include a CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
email@example.com not later than 12 July 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line.Administrative Assistant- Mogadishu
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Somalia nationals