Action Contre la Faim (ActionAgainst Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since May1992. Currently, AAH is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somaliafocused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to cleanwater and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security, livelihoodsand thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergencyresponse via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and responsibilities:
AAH Somalia is looking for One (1)suitable Somali candidate to fill the position of Agriculture Officer.The position will be based in Eyl-Puntland Somalia. The incumbentreports hierarchically and technically to the FSL Program Manager.
The Agriculture officer’score responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Objective 1: Social Mobilization andneed assessment in the field:
- Provide support to the FSL Program Manager to implement the program successfully.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly progress report, plans and provide leadership to the FSL team in Eyl.
- Responsible for successful planning, coordination and implementation of FSL activities including market assessments, Agro-related interventions and beneficiaries’ identification among others.
- Implementation of project activities that include seed and tools distribution, Agro-related training, and Agro-related interventions among others.
- Responsible for making follow-up of the FSL activities to ensure that FSL program objectives and outputs are achieved.
- Ensure that the FSL activities in the assigned area of operation are implemented in accordance with ACF standard rules, regulations and operational procedures, agreed strategies, implementation plans and requirements.
- Organize and support running of agriculture activities in the target districts.
- Coordinate the preparation of tender and contract documents for various projects, Bills of Quantities, and Request for Quotations, etc.
- Represent ACF in community meetings, food security or emergency response meetings in coordination with FSL team
Objective 2: Support field level FSLCoordination:
- Coordinate closely with the FSLPM to ensure that FSL related activities in the assigned areas of operation are implemented harmoniously and with quality.
- Provide inputs to the design & utilization of project information gathering tools & project activity manuals.
- Work with the other program team members on cross-learning and beneficiary capacity building initiatives especially in relation to FSL.
- Participate in FSL related data collection together with the MEAL team.
- Work in close collaboration with Nutrition, WASH, and Health teams on ensuring field level integration and synergy.
- Build capacity of other staff members in relation to Ago-related FSL components.
- Other relevant duties as directed by the PM, DHoD or HOD or Specific responsibilities
Objective 3: Spearhead communityfacilitation activities
- Contribute to the development of viable community mobilisation strategies for targeting, registration, and follow-up of FSL beneficiaries.
- Plan and execute FSL related capacity building for targeted communities.
- Ensure that targeting of FSL beneficiaries is done in a transparent and gender sensitive and conflict sensitive way.
- Conduct follow up monitoring of FSL activities in the area of operation.
Objective 4: Documentation andReporting
- Prepare and compile FSL activity reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and yearly and share with FSLPM.
- Regular monitoring of project activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the FSLPM.
- Bachelor Degree in food security related fields; i.e. Agricultural engineering, Agronomy, Crop Science, development studies.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in direct implementation of agriculture extension and working with subsistence farmers, knowledge of working environment. Development and oversight of small-scale rural agriculture projects.
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience in community participation and consultative-implementation methods.
- Flexibility to adjust to new implementation practices and new strategic guidance as per the changing political environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be initiative
- Good facilitation, analytical, planning and report writing skills
- Experience in community and farmer group mobilization
- Good supervisory and organizational skills, good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of agricultural issues and techniques
- Good knowledge of implementing projects
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Experience and knowledge of working with NGOs in agriculture programs in Somalia
- Knowledge of written and spoken English,Understanding of the local language is a must
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook
- Willing to extensively travel throughout the project area
How to apply:
Applications, should include a CVwith cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25thMay 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. AgricultureOfficer-Eyl Puntland
Only Shortlisted candidates willbe contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are particularlyencouraged to apply.
This position is open to Somalianationals