CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
- Somalia Urban Resilience Project II (SURP II) is a municipal governance & infrastructure development project financed by the WB & its partners, aimed at improving access to urban infrastructure & strengthening municipal governance in Somalia.
- The Govt. of Somalia, through the Benadir Regional Administration (Mogadishu) representing all 4 municipalities of Mogadishu, Kismayo, Garowe & Baidoa has selected our client to provide the consulting services for the urban transport infrastructure works to be executed by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of the respective municipalities under the project.
- The works involve construction of urban roads to bitumen standards, construction of associated drainage works & installation of streetlights, by the contractors engaged by the respective PIU.
- The scope of the engagement is to provide technical assistance to the PIUs in the works implementation & contracts managements in the areas of design review, technical supervision, performance monitoring, quality control etc., as well as contributing to PIUs capacity buildings.
The Assistant Engineer working under the supervision of the Resident Engineer will be responsible for:
- Coordination of the project stakeholders including the state govt. institutions, municipality, PIU & the local communities to facilitate smooth implementation of the works activities by the Contractor.
- Study the design drawings, specifications, bill of quantities & receive guidance from the Resident Engineer for the day to day supervision of the works by the contractor.
- Supports the field teams consisting of material testing staff, surveyors, work inspectors etc. to perform their duties.
- Organise collection of material samples for the laboratory testing & the laboratory testing's under the supervision of the Material Engineer.
- Supports the PIU team in the implementation & monitoring of the project safeguard instruments including environmental & social management plans.
- Day to day monitoring & verification of quality of works carried out by the contractor(s) & carry out measurements of the work quantities completed to assist the payment certification process.
- Ensuring that Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) requirements & procedures are followed on site.
- Perform other duties related to the assignment requested by the Resident Engineer.
Project reporting: The Assistant Engineer working under the supervision of the Resident Engineer
Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (or similar discipline) is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in civil engineering projects including construction supervision experience.
- Roads engineering experience is desirable.
Fluency in Somali & English, both written & spoken English is required.
Team management: The Assistant Engineer will be required to assist the management of field staff under the guidance of the Resident Engineer.
- Qualified candidates from the respective states will be given the preference.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Candidates applying for this role MUST upload their latest resume to their candidate profile