ICRC exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The Assistant Field Officer represents the ICRC in this region with the view of strengthening its acceptance. He/she facilitates and contributes to the identification of humanitarian problems and to the smooth implementation of activities; reviews the security situation and provides regular reporting.
This is a resident/national position based in Beletweyne with frequent field trips within the area of responsibility (AoR) whenever requested by the direct supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and reports on the political, military, economic and social developments and their impact on the communities
- Identifies humanitarian needs resulting from the conflict or natural factors, and propose course of action
- Contributes to the analysis and to the planning of activities in consultation with Generalist Field Officers
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts among local authorities, none state authorities, parties to the conflict, traditional leaders, humanitarian organisations and members of civil society
- Represents the ICRC with a view to strengthen its acceptance, access and security, and the respect of its principles of neutrality, impartiality and independence
- Supports in supervision on projects or by giving inputs to the departments on the activities planned or implemented
- Highlights potential constraints, challenges or even threats related to the environment in which activities take place and proposes solutions or mitigation measures
- Assists the head of sub-structure in implementation and follow up on various field activities, in accordance with objectives
- Regularly reviews the security situation in the area and maintains contact with the relevant stakeholders
- Maintains a regular (oral or written) communication flow with the supervisor on all aspects relevant to the function; analysis, contacts, internal management and operations
- Provides timely and regular reporting on the relevant activities and security situation within the AoR
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Diploma in Business Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field of study
- 2 years’ experience in a similar field of activities
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with the various stakeholders
- Ability to work well independently and also within a team
- Good analytical, organisational and communication skills
- Very good knowledge of political, social, economic of the area of responsibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
Training and development opportunities
A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 4th April 2021. Clearly indicate Assistant Field Officer Beletweyne in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link for information on data protection: https://www.icrc.org/en/document/personal-data-protection-information – Personal data protection information