Assistant Storekeeper/Tally Clerk SSA 3, Berbera (144227)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates are especially are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
- Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Proficiency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations.
- Experience in supporting warehouse management.
- Experience in supporting inventory management.
- Experience in data entry and extracting routine reports.
- Ready to work outdoor under harsh weather conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 11 Months (Initial)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.