Associate Programme Officer
Closing date: 09 May 2019
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer and working closely with the Programme Managers, the Associate Programme Officer's functional responsibilities include:
*CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Prepare draft budgets, project proposals for new projects and extensions of ongoing projects to the Government of Japan as required by the Programme Managers;
- Draft Programme Quarterly and Annual reports for the Government of Japan;
- Prepare case studies and media briefs to profile Government as needed and requested;
- Prepare donor reports, including ad-hoc reports as required;
- Prepare periodic substantive reports for implementing partners against donor contributions, projects and activities;
- Prepare periodic financial reports to local authorities as required;
- Provide logistical and substantive support for donor visits and other delegations;
- Assist the Programme Managers and Programme Officer during donor visits, visits to embassies and presentations and visits to/by Mine Action stakeholders in country;
- Liaise with UN partner agencies and donors in mine action in obtaining up to date information on potential funding and projects;
- Attend inter-agency meetings and assist on any programme issues;
- Provide programme information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations and contractors and UN agencies;
- Maintain documentation of decisions and actions taken on programme issues;
- Actively engage in developing public information materials and public information initiatives and maintain close working relationships with UN partner agencies on public information activities;
- Any other duties as requested and tasked by the Programme Managers or Programme Officer.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Sciences or related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; OR
- A First-level University degree (Bachelor's Degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Sciences or related field with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in programme management, project management or business administration;
- Experience in donor reporting and preparing project proposals is required;
- Computer literacy is required.
- Fluency in English ( reading, writing and speaking ) is required;
- Fluency in Japanese ( reading, writing and speaking ) is desired;
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desired.