Before submitting an application, UNHCR staff members intending to apply to this Job Opening are requested to consult the Recruitment and Assignments Policy (RAP, UNHCR/HCP/2017/2 and the Recruitment and Assignments Administrative Instruction (RAAI), UNHCR/AI/2017/7 OF 15 August 2017.
Associate Reporting Officer
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Communications or Donor Relations Officer, the Associate Reporting Officer contributes to production, editing and quality control of reports for his/her Area of Responsibility (AOR). By systematization and sharing of accurate and timely information, the incumbent promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNHCR.
S/he establishes close contacts with all UNHCR sections in the AOR to gather and analyse information. S/he maintains effective professional relationships with a wide variety of donors, operational and implementing partners, UN agencies, and other stakeholders to gather, analyse and disseminate information about activities of UNHCR and its partners.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR's core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Keep abreast of all developments in the country operation/ bureau/ division or other entity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
- Draft regular daily, weekly and monthly up-date for internal and external audience (including donors and media).
- Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation, achievements and indicators in all sectors under AoR in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports and activity-specific reports as may be required and ensure timeliness of such reports.
- Participate in annual reporting and planning process.
- Work closely with Information Management to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation, including maps.
- Support the monitoring of UNHCR¿s partnerships and consolidate information about Partners¿ activities.
- Assist in the preparation of briefing kits and presentations for missions and visitors.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for donors, in compliance with specific donor requirements. Make efforts to enhance donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic results to donor. Assist in providing visibility for donors¿ contributions to UNHCR.
- Research/analyse, interpret and also, monitor and review information and data from regular and wide variety of sources for internal and external reporting.
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Provide technical support, training and clarification on UNHCR¿s reporting policies and deadlines.
- May prepare press releases; conceptualize, draft and edit stories for external communications products and support all aspects of its production, including fact checking, proofreading and quality control.
- Support UNHCR inter-agency coordination initiatives and leadership through provision of reporting and secretariat functions where relevant.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For P2/NOB - 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Field(s) of Education
Journalism; Public Administration; Communication;
International relations; Political Science; Law;
or other relevant field.
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Experience in conducting, participating in and reporting on meetings, and drafting reports. Experience in programme/project development, planning, implementation, and/or monitoring.
Experience in a field mission and at Headquarters / in the UN Common System and country context. Experience undertaking operational and analytical work in the field of international affairs, international security, humanitarian affairs, development or journalism. Donor relations or liaison with media.
UN-UNHCR Operations, mandate, principles and policies;
DM-Data collection methodologies;
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
C001L2 - Accountability Level 2
C002L2 - Teamwork & Collaboration Level 2
C003L2 - Communication Level 2
C004L2 - Commitment to Continuous Learning Level 2
C005L2 - Client & Result Orientation Level 2
C006L2 - Organizational Awareness Level 2
M003L2 - Judgement and Decision Making Level 2
X001L2 - Analytical Thinking Level 2
X005L2 - Planning and Organizing Level 2
X007L2 - Political Awareness Level 2The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Please note that the closing date for vacancies advertised in the March 2021 Compendium is Thursday 15 April 2021 (midnight Geneva time).