Why Join WFP Somalia?
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to making Somalia hunger-free in close partnership with local partners.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates are especially are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of Administration Assistant and the overall direction of the Administration Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain proper filing system for administrative documents
- Maintain incoming and outgoing mail registry.
- Circulate documents for signatures
- Take minutes during meetings
- Supervise fueling of vehicles and generators; receive and record fuel movement.
- Receive all invoices for support services and ensure their completeness.
- Receive and process Guest House bookings for WFP guests
- Receive TECs, ensure supporting documents are attached and forward to Admin Assistant for further processing.
- Raise manual Purchase Requisitions for Non-Food Items where necessary.
- Keep track of utilization of utilities, water, fuel, and update contracts and leases log.
- Supervise cleaners and gardeners and ensure high standards of cleanliness maintained.
- Supervise guest house operations, order food and other supplies. Ensure food received is in good quality and monitor usage.
- Process protocol documents to obtain visa, licenses, and permits for non-nation staff and custom clearances for NFIs.
- Maintain and circulate up to date contact list for the AO
- Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in administration or related functional area is desirable.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
- Two or more years of experience in facilities and asset Management.
Language: Proficiency in oral and written communication in Somali and English is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience of common business processes, procedures and systems in Administrative work;
- Knowledge in work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
- Experience in utilizing office equipment and computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other software packages. Knowledge of UN/WFP administrative regulations and rules in the area of work is an added advantage.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 year (initial)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.