I. Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill CCCM Database Assistant position in Baidoa.
II. Position Profile
The Database Assistant is primarily responsible for all information management activities related to CCCM, under direct supervision of the CCCM PM or CCCM Senior Officer.
This includes but it is not limited to design data collection tool, conduct data collection, analyse data and produce information products for partners and stakeholders, storage and shared the data, only when strictly necessary and always respecting data confidentiality principles and policies
III. Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry with necessary validation queries in place
- Design data collection tools and constantly revise them for improvements based on experience, needs and lesson learnt
- Enter data efficiently from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms completely and accurately;
- Verify the accuracy of data collected during any data collection exercises and by reviewing data for deficiencies or errors and correcting any incompatibilities if possible;
- Obtain further information for incomplete data from the monitors/enumerators;
- Maintain clean and up to date datasets/databases while removing unnecessary and duplicate datasets;
- Conducting data collection or supervising enumerators conducting data collection
- Create visual information products for sharing with partners and stakeholders, such as site profiles, info graphics and chart, brief narrative reports summarising data collected and related particularly to service delivery, population movements, CWC activities, risk evictions, community governance and complaints
- Strict compliance to data confidentiality principles and policies during data collection, sata storage and data sharing
- Supporting improvement of information management systems in the site in collaboration with the database assistant including: identification of information gaps, design/review of tools, databases and reports, data collection oversight
- Be responsible of storing soft and hard copies of project documentations (such as photos, meeting minutes, reports etc.) in compliance with ACTED and Donors procedures
Partner coordination and Service Delivery Monitoring
- Liaising and coordination with all humanitarian partners and local authorities working in the sites for data collection and service delivery monitoring purposes
- Monitoring of service provision by partners at site level in close cooperation with the communities and with partners and stakeholders
- Timely reporting any gaps and/or duplication in service delivery and communities needs emerged by the data collected to the line manager
- Timely reporting any risk of evictions identified during data collection to the line manager
Community liaison, mobilisation, and accountability
- Supporting the establishment of community governance and representation committees and strengthening the coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups and community members on a formal and informal basis
- Supporting organisation of regular meetings with committee and community representatives’ participation in coordination meetings
- Supporting Communication with Communities activities, especially identifying possible gaps in information flux or possible themes for information campaigns based on data and information collected from the beneficiaries
- Supporting the establishment of information desks and Complaint Response Mechanism (CRM) particularly through establishing data management system for complaints and feedbacks, overseeing internal or external referrals and timely provision of answers to the plaintiffs
- Support training and coaching of camp committees, partner agencies and site team on CCCM and CCCM related topics, as requested by the line manager
- Considering gender, protection, and GBV concerns in all aspects of activities
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours)
- Supporting and promoting participation of women, youth, people with specific needs and marginalised groups in camp governance mechanisms and CCCM Activities particularly through the use of information management tools
- Referring to and following up with protection partners on identification and addressing of cases of vulnerability within the camp
- Ensure that principles of data confidentiality are strictly respected in information management activities and that sensitive data of beneficiaries are protected when stored or shared if strictly necessary
Project management and reporting
Planning, Implementing and Reporting
- Supporting the line manager in devising weekly and long-term work plans for the project implementation, particularly or information management activities
- Attending regular staff coordination meetings
- Excellent liaison with other Site Team Members, ensuring consistency and coordination of activities in the site
- Timely reporting on problems and challenges in the site to the line Manager
- Timely reporting on security and safety incidents, including fire, evictions, floods and any possible security hazards in the site to Site Manager
- Timely submission of weekly report, information products and updated databases as requested by the line manager
- Commitment to continuous learning through trainings and timely identification of capacity-building needs and opportunities, in coordination with line Manager/TC/HR Dept.
- Supervise recruitment of enumerators when needed for data collection
- Train Enumerators
Transparency and Compliance
- Ensuring compliance to ACTED internal procedures and donor procedures
- Accurate record keeping of project documentation, including photos and proper filing of meeting minutes, databases, attendance sheets, assessment reports/documents, review and updating of databases etc., in soft and hard copy
- Provide translation of various documents (e.g. reports, minutes, beneficiary lists, information signs) upon request of the Site Manager
- Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager.
IV. Qualifications/Skills Required
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Completion of university degree in database, humanities, social studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum one years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Somalian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
How to apply
I. Application Procedure:
Qualified nationals with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document (i.e. the cover letter should be on the first page and the CV should start on the second page of the same document) to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 05th May, 2020 with the subject line “CCCM DATABASE ASSISTANT- BAIDOA**”. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.