Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Cash Supervisor Officer position based in Baidoa, but roving to project sites.
The Cash Supervisor, under operational guidance of the Project Coordinator, is responsible for ensuring the overall success of ACTED’s project within the time and resources allocated. The Cash Supervisor oversees field operations and ensures effective and timely completion of activities, delivery of quality outputs and achievement of outcomes with maximum impact for beneficiaries. The Cash Supervisor, supervises the project staff in day to day management of all aspects of the project and liaises with relevant internal departments and external partners and project stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To ensure the overall success of the project, and seeing that deliverables arrive on time, on scope, on budget, within acceptable quality levels, and in line with donor requirements and based on beneficiary needs.
- Develop overall project implementation strategy (incl. the transition/phase out strategy), systems, approaches, tools, and materials;
- Identify and plan technical skills and requirements to implement the project as per relevant standards;
- Develop the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to organize the various project deliverables and the work required to complete them into smaller and more manageable parts (work package);
- Create the work schedule by sequencing the work packages and related tasks;
- Prepare the work plan, which brings together the WBS and the schedule, to serve as a comprehensive and detailed model map for the successful implementation of the project;
- Organize, plan and lead project kick-off and end of project transition planning meetings, and follow-up on the project-related action points originating from these meetings.
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Control the work plan, monitor the implementation status of the project and update the project progress on a daily basis;
- Document implementation progress and challenges by regularly updating the Project Management Framework (PMF) and sharing it with Project coordinator;
- Ensure that relevant technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project implementation;
- Operate following the “do no harm principles” in order to ensure projects are safe for communities;
- Anticipate and mitigate risks and issues, and trouble-shoot any unforeseen challenges during the project implementation;
- Coordinate and manage changes in project implementation, in particular identifying change needs to occur, reviewing proposed changed, analyzing the impact they have on the project plan, approving/denying requested changes and controlling and updating the scope, cost, budget, schedule, and quality requirements based upon approved changes and in coordination with the Project Development Unit and the Finance Department;
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members.
Documenting and Compliance
- Ensure project records and documents, in particular documents that proof completion of activities (beneficiary list, donation certificates, attendance sheets, etc.) are adequately prepared, compiled and filed according to ACTED procedures and donor specific procedures;
- Maintain a beneficiary master database containing all beneficiary registration and baseline information as well as the activities from which the beneficiaries benefitted ensure the data is protected from misuse in line with ACTED’s data protection policy;
- Ensure staff awareness of, and respect of, ACTED’s code of conduct, FLATS procedures and donor requirements.
Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Ensure project staff adhere to ACTED’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability;
- Oversee the appropriate, achievable and acceptable selection of project beneficiaries;
- Develop a communication strategy with communities so that factual, objective and actionable information is provided to project stakeholders;
- Ensure project stakeholders are empowered to participate throughout the project cycle;
- Ensure that ACTED’s Complaints and Response Mechanism is communicated to target communities and solve complaints related to the project in coordination with the AMEU.
- Organize regular project coordination meetings with the project team;
- Participate in Weekly Area Meetings (WAMs) and when requested/as relevant in Monthly Coordination meetings (MCMs), & provide updates about implementation progress, challenges, risks, changes in context.
External Coordination and Stakeholder Engagement
- Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design (liaising with the PD unit) and implementation;
- Coordinate and collaborate with others by cultivating good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon - rather than replicate - the work of others;
- Refer unmet needs to other relevant actors;
- Share externally learning and innovation with communities and other stakeholders.
- Provide support to partners in project implementation and ensure timely and qualitative implementation of projects by partners in line with ACTED and donor requirements;
- Refer partners to relevant ACTED staff to support and/or train them implementation strategies where relevant;
- Participate review meetings with partners, with particular attention given to the relationship aspects of partnership collaboration, and ensure that any issues or disputes are resolved in a timely manner.
- Regularly conduct a context analysis in the project implementation area by identifying and following micro signals (e.g. security indicators, socio-economic indicators) and support the Project Coordinator and the Security Department in preparing Security Updates in the Operation areas
- Ensure project stakeholders have a good image of ACTED thus increasing the acceptance of ACTED’s presence and activities in the project implementation area;
- Manage the movement of the project implementation team and ensure that the movement SOPs are strictly respected by the team members;
- When necessary, negotiate access with local stakeholders.
- Participate in AMEU planning processes and actively support the delivery of AMEU activities in line with the project AME framework and AME Manual;
- Plan and organize internal qualitative assurance checks by the project team;
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities;
- Discuss, plan and deliver appropriate corrective actions, including based on AME findings and recommendations;
- Collect and apply appropriate lessons learnt and best practices to current projects, and ensure these lessons learnt are pro-actively shared with supervisor, the AMEU and other team members to apply them in future project development processes.
- In close collaboration with the Project Development Unit, manage contractual obligations and ensure the adherence to donor procedures;
- Report regularly on project activities, challenges and indicators through monthly submissions of the PMF and PM report;
- Contribute to drafting of (external) project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided;
- Organize, plan and lead the project close-out meeting and follow-up on the project-related action points originating from this meeting
- Participate in communication activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities;
- Participate in new proposal development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge;
- Offer technical support and inputs to DPMs in all operational sites
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager
- Completion of university degree or Master level in Development Studies, Public administration, social studies or related
- Minimum 3 – 6 years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs or CASH interventions for rural and urban communities.
- Previous experience in cash transfer programming/Interventions and livelihood in emergency off-camp settings required
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems. Capability to negotiate with and influence others
- Proven capabilities in leadership and management required
- Knowledge of Working Context
- Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken.
- Goal oriented with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to the vision and goals of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and write official reports.
- High degree of responsibility and ownership of work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office