IOMis seeking an experienced Child Care Assistant in the DDR female transitioncentre in Kismayo.
The position will work within the Federal Government of Somalia’s National Programmefor the Treatment and Handling of Disengaged Combatants to provide care for thechildren of female beneficiaries, while their parents are engaged inrehabilitation services. The Child Care Assistant will ensure that the basicneeds of children are met to include care and supervision, feeding, changing,play, and learning activities.
This position will be under the administrative oversight of the Female CentreManager, with technical oversight from relevant technical leads in IOM. Overallcontract performance management is jointly monitored and evaluated byInternational Organization for Migration and the government partner.
The childcare provider will work full time as per Somalia Labour Laws, performing the below duties and responsibilities:
- The childcare worker will be responsible for looking after the well-being of the centre’s children, including their safety while in the centre.
- Maintain the childcare room in the female centre and ensure room is clean and safe for young children.
- Ensure childcare supplies, including food and diapers, are available and communicate with centre management about any item that needs to be replenished
- Create a schedule for the childcare room including play time, reading time and mealtimes
- Establish age appropriate recreational activities for children
- Following the centre’s policies, keep up with the children’s schedules, observe activities, be organized, and keep up with the cleanliness duties.
- Carry out any additional responsibilities appropriate to the position.
Project reporting: As per TOR
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Team management: As per TOR
- Experience of working in the South West State of Somalia’s regions is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in child safety codes.
- Experience in building children’s self-esteem.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge and Understanding:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel safe and comfortable.
- Design and administer various experiences and organized activities appropriate for children such as crafts, indoor and outdoor games, songs, and storytelling.
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Ensure children are always supervised.
- Recognizes cultural norms, values, and trends.
- Treats and calls upon others to treat individuals fairly and equally.
- Uses information, skills, experiences gleaned to improve practice.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.