Civil Engineer - Garowe
Closing date: 27 September 2019
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
IMAAD Construction is seeking to recruit an experienced Civil Engineer to supervise implementation for all construction projects under IMAAD Construction Company. IMAAD Construction is a growing company based in Garowe and has branch offices in Bosasoand Galkacayo. The successful candidate is expected to be able to travel and work in many parts of Puntland state of Somalia. The Civil Engineer will perform a variety of engineering assignments in planning, implementation and overseeing operations of all civil works.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and verify/certify the payment request submitted by the contractor before submitting to payment;
- Monitor day-to-day progress of project activities and promptly report any abnormality or risks to IMAAD Project Manager;
- Advise IMAAD to withhold payment for any work which has been rejected or any work which is not in compliance with the contract documents;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labor force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Prepare monthly progress report and ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner;
- Check the drawings and the work programmes;
- Conduct random checks on materials delivered on site to ensure quality and compliance tothe specifications;
- Ensure all concrete design mixes and bar schedules are respected by the contractor;
- Organize and lead weekly site meetings with the contractors and lead consultant and disseminate minutes to management;
- Prepare technical reports for approval of payments as per contractual agreement
- Hold specific responsibility for supervising and monitoring structural works so that they werecarried out in accordance with the construction programme and project requirements;
- Check the setting out and monitor all formwork;
- Monitor concrete pours ensuring that the mix was as specified and that slump tests weresatisfactory, and the sample cubes were taken appropriately;
- And any other task assigned for him / her.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university;
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering is a bonus.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct professional experience of implementing construction projects;
- At least 03 years of experience in construction project management;
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to construct structures and buildings.
- Experience in design, preparation of BOQ, cost estimates for civil structures;
- Construction supervision experience of buildings, warehouses, workshops etc;
- Preparation of work progress reports;
- Experience in supervising construction works and managing projects.
- Experience in preparation of BOQ, cost estimates for civil structures;
- Construction supervision experience of buildings, roads etc;
- Experience in preparation of work progress reports;
- Experience in supervising construction works and managing projects;
- Capacity to work under pressure;
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills;
- Ability to deliver results within tight deadline, effective time management and prioritizing work;
- Ability to communicate clearly and work with colleagues and counterparts;
- Proficiencies with Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD etc.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSAL:
Interested Civil Engineers must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Cover Letter describing their interest in the position and why they are the most suitable for the work;
- Curriculum Vitae including past experience in construction projects and
- At least 3 references.
Please, send your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27-September-2019 on 12:00 A.M. For further detailed information contact to 090-7792500,090-7722710or 252-5842124