The Collection and Recovery Officer is responsible for the collection of debts prior to legal recovery proceedings commencing, negotiating payments/payment arrangements, handling debtor enquiries and provides administrative assistance to the investment team.
- Ensure the profitability of financing portfolio by improving quality of the financing portfolio by collecting the delinquent receivables efficiently and effectively.
- Initiate appropriate control processes and innovation in collections and recoveries to ensure increased output and mitigation of high risk accounts.
- Ensure effective escalation of loss accounts to legal to maximize on recovery targets.
- Liaise with the legal department on issues that need legal action. Such recommendations shall be made to the Branch Manager who shall then make final recommendations to the Chief Compliance Officer for approval.
- Implement Credit Administration policies. I.e. exercise the enforcement process of recovering debts through constant calling, sending sms and letters and ensure that no losses are incurred in terms of debt recovery.
- Receive installment payments and ensure banking is done promptly to the correct accounts.
- Provide accurate & relevant information on financings to customers at all times.
- Promptly attend to customers’ requests and queries either through call backs or mailing requested documents.
- Manage and control all matters relating to delinquent accounts.
- Provide feedback concerning customer payment behaviour for an improved financing approval process. This is by regularly updating the incident report to facilitate resolution of customer issues and ensure customer satisfaction
- Minimize customer complaints and provide requisite back up to colleagues and other bank staff especially in dealing with difficult customer disputes/queries.
- Keep a record of all running financings with details of their repayment schedules.
- Report adverse findings that might affect the repayment of any financings to the Branch management and make recommendations accordingly.
- Adopt remedial management aimed at achieving full recovery in the way that the relationship will also not be lost.
- Recommend the classification of all running financings into the various categories as defined by credit policy manual.
- Advise the Branch manager and Recovery Management Committee on financings that should be classified as lost.
- Liaise with the investment officer of such financings for clarification and useful tips on the obligor.
- Make a continued follow up on financings even when they are classified Lost and recommend reopening of deliberate recovery efforts when necessary.
- Prepare a daily collection report to the Branch management. This report shall include the basic information on late payments.
- Make weekly and monthly reports to the Branch manager and recommend appropriate remedial action to be adopted in handling each case.
- Carry out other functions as may be assigned from time to time by the Branch Manager or Head of investment.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- A University degree in a business related field.
- Qualifications in Credit Management/Debt Collection will be a definite advantage.
- 2 years’ experience in banking experience in bank operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, passion and commitment to quality service delivery.
- Telephone Skills: Must be able to exercise telephone courtesy and skills when dealing with customers.
- Knowledge of Business Environment: Must understand local and global dynamics of the business environments facing customers.
- Customer Service Skills: should be able to exercise high level of customer care and service.
- Technology Skills: Computer literate with proficiency in MS office.
- Performance Oriented: appreciates being measured and applying maximum professionalism in providing customer service.
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair and just with self and others, and demonstrates integrity in work and business contacts.
- Decisive and Independent: Ability to operate on own, consult and clarify where necessary and make informed decisions.
- Interpersonal Skills: Must be a people’s person with ability to interact with both internal and external customers.
- Negotiation Skills: Must be a hard negotiator, with excellent convincing approaches especially with customers whose accounts are in arrears.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and updated CV to Applicant@amalbankso.so, clearly indicating the role applied for on the subject bar not later than the date indicated above.