Job Title: Communication assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Extentions: No
Deadline15th Junae -21June 2020
Somali Gender Justice is a nonprofit humanitarian organization established in 2015 based in Garowe and operates in Puntland –Somalia.
Somali Gender Justice was founded to support the transformation of Somali society to be more equitable, caring, and non-violent.
Job title Communications Assistant
We are looking to hire a dedicated Communications assistant which will report to operation director - to join our team. The Communications assistant will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other advocacy material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
- Uncovering, capturing and building storytelling assets for each organizational function.
- Overseeing and designing consistent messaging across all brand channels
- Tailoring messaging for different audiences and strategic goals
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 -3years' relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop) e.g Adobe premiere, adobe after effects and camtasia
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
Duration: 9 Months with no extension
How to APPLY:
- Interested candidates should send their CV, cover letter and copies of academic qualification, and develop a 3 minute video and edit about any story and send it along with the other documents to SGJ@somaligenderjustice.org.