Adeso is an expanding and vibrant African based international development and humanitarian organization. At Adeso, we work with African communities who are yet to realize their full potential; working inside these communities to create environments in which Africans can thrive. Our belief that economic, social and environmental security is the bedrock of a healthy community drives the nature and intent of our programming. We work to prevent and overcome situations that adversely affect community well-being by: reinvigorating the economy, developing skills for life and work, providing humanitarian aid, and influencing policy.
For the past 20 years we have strengthened rural livelihoods through environmental awareness, training, technology transfer and innovative humanitarian projects in pursuit of a peaceful, self-reliant, and greener future. Currently, Adeso has programs in Somalia, Kenya and South Sudan.
Adeso is an exciting and dynamic organization experiencing managed rapid growth. It offers sound employment conditions with opportunities for personal growth and development.
Adeso is seeking four qualified and committed individuals to join the Adeso team as Community Mobilizers (CM). The incumbents will be the project ambassadors in the community and responsible for community engagements, networking and collaboration, conflict resolutions and general community awareness and education.
The Community Mobilizer will be responsible for ensuring good community relations between Adeso and the targeted communities and contributing to quality programming through effective implementation of project activities.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Conduct Program awareness community meetings at the beginning of the project in project targeted communities
- Organize community public meetings and facilitate VRC selections
- Assist VRC members to understand selection criteria and identify project beneficiaries in the targeted communities.
- Conduct beneficiaries’ verification in the project targeted communities
- To assist in the production and distribution of beneficiary identification cards
- Provide the necessary information on location, date and procedures of cash payment to targeted beneficiaries
- Conduct regularly monthly community meetings in the project targeted communities
- To encourage and stimulate community members to organize for action aimed at solving their problems and to plan, implement and monitor action that they define themselves
- To assist other project team to verify the suitability of livelihood options and with a market assessment in the targeted communities.
- Facilitate the process of the monthly/weekly community meeting on the disaster risk reduction strategy.
- Conduct data collection and data entry on all monitoring activities of the project
- Be involved in the weekly analysis of the monitoring data
- To develop trust, tolerance and co-operation among beneficiary community members;
- To encourage and stimulate full participation by all community members; with special attention to those who are usually forgotten, women, marginalized and overlooked in community decision making
- To assist the community members in developing their own capacity and strength
- Any other duties as directed by your supervisor or the Project Manager.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Secondary level education, technical trainings is considered an advantage;
- Experience in community level program implementation
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Ability and willingness to travel to project areas at short notice;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly organized and self-motivated;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish working relations with target communities and project team.
How to apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com, quoting “Community Mobilizer” position in the email subject matter, by 26th August 2018.
Each application should be addressed to Human Resources Manager and include the following:
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on one's background, beliefs, gender or sexual orientation