- Providing health/nutrition technical support to consortium partners to ensure application of project cycle management from conception to evaluation.
- Provide technical advice on implementation of the action to ensure relevance, impact, sustainability and quality of the intervention.
- Ensure adherence and appropriate management of medical products and supplies in country to include quality control, quantification guidance, and procurement.
- Provide technical support on priority health systems strengthening and/or health financing needs.
- Hold regular meetings with consortium partners to discuss on project implementation, challenges faced and document lessons learnt.
- Overall management of the budget under the action to ensure all activities are conducted as planned.
- Ensure an emergency response plan is in place.
- Establish and ensure regular communication and coordination with all relevant sector stakeholders within Somalia
- Ensure proper reporting, communication and coordination with Consortium Management Unit, between CMU and Action Against Hunger, as well as with consortium partner’s representatives, within Somalia.
- Lead the annual work planning process in close collaboration with partners and the project team.
- Work with monitoring, evaluation and learning staff to develop M&E frameworks, learning agendas and effectively track data/results to incorporate learning for adaptive management.
- Submit quality project technical and financial reports on time and in accordance with donor guidelines.
- You have a Masters Degree (or higher) in Public health, health systems Management, international development, health policy or an advanced degree in a related field.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience managing and leading technical and administrative teams for complex health projects in developing countries, preferably in East Africa.
- You have Demonstrated success in complex health program management including experience in the following:developing program work plans, developing program budgets, managing program implementation, and managing short term technical assistance for donor-funded programs.
- You have senior-level expertise in any one or more of the following technical areas: systems strengthening; reproductive health; and/or maternal, newborn and child health.
- Additional technical expertise and experience within one or more of the following systems strengthening sub-areas: health financing, health governance and leadership, human resources for health, health information system
- You have experience leading consortia consisting of local and international non-governmental agencies as well as proven capacity to start up and close out projects, and effectively manage staff and project funds.
- You possess excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- You have excellent people skills including warmth and sensitivity, conversational, able to relate to and effectively communicate with people from different cultures and at various levels.
- You intuitively adapt how you communicate context analysis, strategy, policies & procedures to suit different audiences - both verbally & in writing.
- You are able to continuously motivate yourself and your teams to deliver high standards of work.
- You are able to remain calm under pressure and can easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You demonstrate strong self-awareness and are not afraid to take responsibility for your actions.
- You are ready and willing to integrate into hard working and fun team that believes in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
- You are proficient in spoken and written English
- Previous experience in Somalia desirable.
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
What we offer. Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
For an all-inclusive list of benefits check the Action Against Hunger Website.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated resume and both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. Closing date for applications: 31st March 2020. For further information about Action Against Hunger, please visit our website www.actionagainsthunger.org