OVERVIEW OF CTG
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Our client requires the services of Construction Engineers to offer Technical Assistance and provide quality assurance in the tendering evaluation, project monitoring and supervision phases of all construction works. The Engineers primary role will be to monitor the onsite construction activities and report back to the client project unit. The engineer will be based in Garowe and they will divide duties between the project sites. They will be expected to roam between all project sites to assist in the supervision of all programme construction activities and rehabilitation works. In close consultation with the Project Coordinator.
Assist with the bidding and tender evaluations processes.
- Provide technical inputs by working closely with Supply Section, Programme sections & implementing partners to ensure that the bidding process, technical & financial evaluations, negotiations (if any) and contracts awarded are in accordance with client's standards, rules and policy.
- Review and evaluate the technical and financial bids as requested in line with the instructions to bidder and evaluation criteria.
During all stages of construction works be accountable for onsite project monitoring and reporting on a regular basis
- Conduct mobilsiation meetings for all projects and approve contractor’s workplan, staffing schedule and methodology. Organise formal onsite mobilsations with relevant stakeholders and ensure all project documentation and certifications are in place prior to the beginning of works.
- Conduct regular site inspections at all project sites ensuring work is being undertaken according to the drawings, standards, specifications, timeline and budget. Ensure monitoring of the construction work at critical stages and hold points.
- Monitor the overall works of all contractors (construction, supervision etc.) and ensure key deliverables, contract items and quality of workmanship is being met.
- To advise client on any potential risks, and propose corrective measures, regarding project timeline, project budget and quality of the works.
Coordination of all construction and project related contracts.
- Ensure detailed records are kept according to the client's standards to contribute to the preparation of official reports (including donor reports), enabling real-time tracking of construction progress.
- Organise overall project coordinating tools to ensure smooth implementation and delivery between the varying project contracts. Know in advance key dates and milestones and advise on any potential errors or risks in advance to ensure timely delivery of project.
- Evaluate the quality of construction works upon completion or at certain milestones and make recommendation for payments to be made to contractors or implementing partners.
Ensure good working relations and communicate project status with contractors and stakeholders as directed.
- Ensure all parties are updated on project progress regularly.
- Undertake arrangements for visits to construction project sites for government and other stakeholders, which includes providing information and briefing on project activities and status.
- Communicate with local stakeholders on construction project details. Discuss recommended courses of action with the Project Coordinator.
- Report back to Project Coordinator any issues from the field including variation orders and advise accordingly.
- Following site visits prepare routine inspection reports documenting results of visits and project progress.
- Maintain ongoing project monitoring and tracking tools including tables, reports, project tracking documents as required by our client and donors.
- Assist with drafting construction sections of donor, annual and other reports, as required by HQ and Supply Division.Provide updated information on programme/project financial and administrative status for analysis and report purposes. Analyse construction programme/project status and recommend appropriate adjustments. Prepare tables, graphs or other statistical data for technical review/monitoring purposes.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related area.
Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Construction experience.
Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (desirable).
Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for Results
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Planning and Organizing
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Following Instructions and Procedures
Other relevant information:
To be advised
To be advised