For Somali Nationals Only
Design and Monitoring Evaluation (DME)Coordinator.
The Design Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Coordinator will provide overall technical monitoring and evaluation support to all the projects in Puntland. The incumbent will closely work with the project managers to set, monitor and evaluate project performance targets in line with project objectives and to ensure that they are achieved. The candidate will be responsible for guiding the overall implementation of monitoring, evaluation and accountability related activities within the projects and provide timely and relevant information to the project staff. The DME Coordinator will also be responsible for strengthening the project M&E capacity, regularly monitor and evaluate the results to improve project performance; ensuring monitoring, evaluation and reporting is practiced as a means to growing and maintaining a culture of providing credible, reliable, timely and cost effective information for management decisions, accountability and learning in alignment with the project cycles.
- Assessment, Design & Planning
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning
- Humanitarian & Programme Accountability
- DME Capacity Strengthening
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexibility and emotional maturity
- Ability to exhibit exemplary life style as interpreted in specific local cultural context
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required:A minimum of a university degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Community Development, Development Studies or any related field.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Analysis using qualitative and/ quantitative methods including use of participatory methods and tools for planning, monitoring & evaluation
- Professional technical skill desired: Knowledge of the SPHERE standards, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships; other international humanitarian standards and other capacity building skills.
- Experience: Minimum of five years’ work experience in community based programming, local government or work with NGOs or humanitarian agencies, of which at least three years must be in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning..
- Other:Proficient in English language and Somali local language.
- Computer literacy is required working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point, statistical packages as SPSS.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with 95% frequent domestic travel to the field
- Travel: 5 % Domestic/international travel may be required.
Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
All applications should be received by 12th April, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
World Vision adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.