The driver will be responsible for IRS Puntland Vehicles driving while following safety and security procedures, conveying materials, equipment, and staff of the organization to the areas where they are required. The driver is responsible for conveying materials, equipment, and staff of the organization to the areas where they are required.
- Responsible of IRS Puntland Vehicles driving while following safety and security procedures
- Organizing staff using the assigned vehicle;
- To ensure cleanliness of assigned vehicle at all times when in use or otherwise and that the vehicle is in good condition before use;
- To carry out periodic checks on the assigned vehicle to determine maintenance needs and report accordingly and time;
- To drive carefully at all times and ensure safety of the passengers, other road users, and the assigned vehicle;
- To keep up to date vehicle mileage log;
- To indicate the vehicle fuel and service costs;
- To ensure all vehicle reports are done on a monthly basis and submitted on or before the scheduled date;
- To stand in for Field officers while s/he is away;
- To assist in other duties in the office as assigned by the immediate supervisor when not undertaking transport facilitation.
- Checking vehicle oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and arranging for major repairs and take to workshops with coordination and approval of the logistics officer
- Ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean and ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle logs
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Effective Communication.
- Commitment and punctuality.
- Planning and Organizing and be prepared all the times.
- Adapting in work Environment and quick learner
- Resting organizational protocols
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strictly follow on organizational polices and procedure’s, and respect organizational principles at all times and keep organizational confidentiality
- Demonstrate capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- High school certificate, diploma or any other related certificate.
- A Valid driver’s license
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least three years of experience of NGOs and experience with UN Agencies will be value added.
- Understand well Puntland context especially Bari area and have no limitations of any place.
- Have Driving license for manual and Automatic different machines
- Speak Somali language fluently, English speaking person will be extra value added.
Additional job responsibilities
Assist travellers during field trips to gather security intelligence
Take care of the organizational information confidentiality and secrecy
Show best behaviour during and after the working and at all times and guide others to good practices
Islamic Relief is equal opportunity employer, however encourages female candidates to apply
Safeguarding and protection of staff:
How to apply:
IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
- An updated CV; and · An application letter
- Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
- Copy of your Somali National ID card or passport.
- And contact information for three work-related referees.
- A Valid driver’s license
- Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as Driver -Garowe.
|JD written by: Abdimajid Abshir Hersi
|JD agreed by: Saa’Id Omar
|Job Description updated By: