Overview of position
Our client is engaged by the Federal Government of Somalia to provide technical assistance for the implementation of the urban roads construction work in Garowe by the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of the Municipality of Garowe. The work i s supported by the Somalia Urban Resilience Project - phase II (SURP II). The construction activities are scheduled to commence in August 2021, and are expected to continue over an 18 months period.
Our client has commenced deployment of a team of technical staff l ed by a Resident Engineer to assist the PIU in project implementation tasks including day to day supervision of the construction activities. Our client technical team are expected to visit the construction material burrow areas, construction work sites, Government offices and also to attend various community level meetings,
Consultant Roles & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Resident Engineer, the Driver i s to provide reliable and safe driving services for the project team members on day to day project operational activities. The Driver shall have a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
· Provides reliable and secure driving services by a) driving vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and, i n the case of construction (Infrastructure) for the transport of logistics and/or project equipment etc; b) collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items; and c) meeting official personnel at the airport and facilitating immigration and customs formalities as required.
· Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
· Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle i s kept clean.
· Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
· Ensures that immediate steps are taken in case of accident as required by rules and regulations.
· Other related tasks as directed by the Supervisor
To the Project Manager
Qualification and Experience
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent i s required.
- Diploma or certification i n administration-related subjects or business administration would be an asset.
- A driver training certification with a valid driver's license i s required.
- 2 years of relevant experience is required
- Safe driving record, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair is required
- Working knowledge of English (both spoken & written) is required
- Candidates from Garowe will be provided preference due to local knowledge and experience
This role has no team management responsibility
Only Garowe residents will be considered for the position(s).