Overview of position
We are looking for a reliable Driver to assist our client with all transport-related duties. The Driver’s responsibilities include dropping and picking up staff, collecting various packages, and maintaining a travel log to record work hours, travel-time and locations travelled to. To be successful Driver, you should ensure that all transportation duties are carried out in a timely manner. Ultimately, a top-performing Driver should be able to ensure that addresses and other transportation details are correct before undertaking any pick-up or drop-off duties.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services for the transport of authorized personnel. The Driver has a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Drives ambulance to transport sick, injured, or convalescent persons: Places patients on stretcher and loads stretcher into ambulance, usually with help of AMBULANCE ATTENDANT.
- Takes sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination, using knowledge and skill in driving to avoid sudden motions detrimental to patients.
- Changes soiled linen on stretcher.
- Administers first aid as needed.
- May report facts concerning accident or emergency to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
This role reports to Project Manager
- Completion of Secondary School education.
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant Logistics experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Africa with local experience is an advantage.
- Fluency in English (essential) and Somali (desirable).
- Results oriented
- Communications skills
- Teamwork skills
- Client focused
This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to qualified female candidates.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Fluent knowledge of Somali or other languages in the region highly desirable
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using this link: