OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
- The overall goal of this position is to translate Somaliland's election & voter registration law into English.
- A professional, accurate & fast translation service from Somali to English, while ensuring that the meaning & understanding of all principles & analysis presented in the documents reflect their true sense.
- To translate Somaliland electoral & voter registration law from Somali to English.
- Ensure that the translation text is technically, linguistically & grammatically correct, error free & meets high quality standards, without requiring further editing after completion of the translation.
- Professional translation from / to Somali & English languages.
- Observe confidentially & refrain from divulging any information about the content of the text.
- Return the original of the documents to the contracting agency after completion of the services.
- Translation shall be done within the stipulated deadlines in the work order.
- Maximum percentage margin of errors per page should not be more than 3 %.
- The documents translated shall be treated as confidential & should not be shared with any 3rd party.
- Fees will be paid upon actual provision of services & after submission of invoice for the payment.
- All translations by the contractor must be rendered publication ready, commensurate with what an experienced professional translator can offer.
- The term “publication ready” shall mean that the translation respects the formatting conventions specified by the contracting agency & is devoid of typographical, spelling & grammatical mistakes.
- The translations must also be written in clear, correct & readable language.
- The content & meaning of the original must be accurately rendered in the target language & a high level of terminological & style consistency must be achieved.
- All documents compiled by or received by the contractor in connection with this contract shall be treated as confidential & shall be delivered only to duly to contracting agency officials on completion of the work or services under the contract.
- In no event shall the contents of such documents or any information known or made known to the contractor by reason of its association with a contracting agency be made known by the contractor to any unauthorized person without the written approval of the contracting agency.
- The contractor shall take all reasonable measures to ensure that its agents, employees, subcontractors & independent contractors comply with the provisions of this article.
- The obligations in this article shall not lapse upon termination of the contract.
- Contracting agency reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of payment if performance is unsatisfactory, if work / output is incomplete, not delivered or for failure to meet deadlines.
· This role reports to the Project Manager.
· This role has no team management responsibility.
Bachelor's degree in relevant to the role.
Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Translation experience.
Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
Qualifications, skill & attributes:
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in translation & editing.
- Demonstrated experience in translating professional documents.
- Outstanding translation & editing skills in Somali & English.
- Proven experience of translation / interpretation services.
- Experience working with international development organizations is desirable.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills & ability to handle work in an efficient & timely manner.
Other relevant information:
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website & apply for this role using the below link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail...