Engineering Officer - Galkayo
Golis Telecom Somalia has an opening for a RF engineer at Golis Galkaio, who will provide operation and maintenance toward BSS Network elements. The selected candidate will monitor, Maintain, troubleshoot, and escalate to a higher tier network and system issues.
Candidate is expected to work non-working hours (night shifts and late hours) with on-call availability 24 x 7.
RESPONSIBILTY AND DUTIES
- Monitor & analyze the GSM, WCDMA/HSDPA, LTE Radio Network Statistics on daily basis.
- Perform weekly reports in order to maintain the quality of the network using KPI analysis.
- Achieve & maintain the Radio Network Performance as per the contracted KPIs (Accessibility, Retainability, Mobility & Service Integrity). In LTE network.
- Responsible for reducing congestion and drops, improving the IRAT Handover, Soft Handover, Location Update, Paging, CSSR, RRC Connection & RAB Establishment Success rate in his designated area for all Voice, Video Packet & High Speed, issuing capacity requests whenever needed. Both for 3G and 4G. Responsible for Inconsistencies Checks, Packet Throughput, Parameter changes & Physical changes. Responsible for testing the radio performance for the newly integrated sites.
- Responsible for the drive test analysis (2G&3G&4G) and taking the necessary action to improve the performance of the network.
- Responsible for optimizing physical of the network (antenna tilt and azimuth).
- participate urgent problems concern about both local and remote areas.
- Planning new sites for their frequency and many other parameters which related for planning.
- Perform Radio Network Surveys, i.e. visit possible sites in order to judge if they are suitable from a radio network point of view (Hardware & Location).and take coordinates most of the time as it happens.
- Qualifications: Degree in Telecommunication Engineering.
- Experience in the similar or related position is advantage.
- Networking certifications CCNA and CCNP are highly preferable.
- Basic knowledge in GSM, 2G, 3G, and 4G, SS7, SIGTRAN , TCP IP, Diameter and related protocols.
- Good knowledge of network topology, traffic handling capabilities and traffic characteristics.
- Excellent English: verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and willing to grow with the company.
N.B: You can either handover to HR department Galkio site or send it via email firstname.lastname@example.org as PDF format.