CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
The position will entail carrying the below responsibilities:
- Responsible for GSE operation & driving of vehicles.
- Ability to maintain & perform basic repairs of GSE / vehicles (work shop experience).
- Assist with any loading offloading.
- Perform safety functions such as placement of cones, chocks, aircraft marshalling, etc.
- Practice safety in every move, estimating weights & distances, being fully aware of surroundings, doing your part to minimize hazards & reporting any injuries or damage immediately.
- Create level surfaces, grade slopes to specifications, remove material & thoroughly fill voids using plans & / or a surveyor as guidance.
- Load & unload construction materials, waste & other heavy objects from trucks & into dumpsters either manually or with the assistance of a machine.
- Start each work day with an inspection of tires, controls, fuel & fluids to ensure reliable operation.
- Change attachments, make adjustments, verify information & troubleshoot problems.
- Participate in daily meetings with supervisor & staff, maintaining constant communication throughout the work period.
- Store & clean machinery at its designated location & complete work reports at the end of each working day.
- Purchase & transport oil, gas & replacement parts to the project site & assist with maintenance & repairs.
Project reporting: This role reports to the supervisor.
- Operate ground handling equipment.
- Having basic technical skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Proficiency in the safe operation of heavy equipment’s.
- Can speak / read basic English.
Team management: This role has no team management responsibility.
• Max 40 years & physically fit & physical work involved (bending / carry load).