Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
Our client has engaged CTG to provide monitoring activities in parts of Gedo region. As a monitoring partner to our client, CTG is responsible for monitoring food chain management & providing program support functions. The operation aims to save lives & protect livelihoods in emergency & early recovery situations. It also aims to prevent acute hunger & invest in disaster preparedness & mitigation measures. Activities under this operation will include:
- General Food Distribution (GFD/TSFP protection ration/wet feeding).
- Food for work/assets/training.
- Maternal child health & nutrition.
- Supplemental feeding.
- Institutional feeding (inpatient/family).
- School meals/take home ration.
- The purpose of this role is to ensure that food aid reaches the intended recipient in the correct quantities. Working from a CTG identified AO in Dollow (region dependent). The post will involve extensive field work in districts throughout the province & may involve overnight stays in some locations. The Field Monitor (FM) is responsible for the monitoring of food aid as per the monitoring plan & the provision of accurate reports & reports to the Team Leader (TL) of the respective Gedo region.
- Monitor the implementation of the assistance program in the province in close collaboration with the CPs.
- Monitor & review food deliveries, storage, transport & distribution at the designated sites & verify if the amounts received have been properly recorded, damaged or suspected to be damaged.
- Conduct community level hut/head counts.
- Review beneficiary verification at the field level.
- Supervise the efficient distribution of the food items at the site & ensure proper distribution of entitlements & verify appropriate entitlements are distributed.
- Undertake post distribution monitoring by obtaining beneficiary perspective & feedback reports.
- Conduct market price data collection.
- Review delivery & visitation of Food Distribution Point’s (FDP).
- Collect information & assess NGO’s capacity based on criteria/checklist.
Commodity supply chain monitoring:
- Monitor handover of food between transporters and Cooperating Partners (CPs) or FAM reporting any discrepancies between physical arrival & delivery documents.
- Report if transporter arrives at destination on planned date & is carrying relevant delivery documents on each truck, i.e. waybills.
- Inspect cargo being delivered & advise if any signs of tampering are evident.
- Monitor & report on 10% random weighing, CP should weigh the consignment on arrival & report any discrepancies in weight.
- Check the signing & clausing of waybills is being done properly.
- Identify & concerns with the food distribution arrangements and report them to the TL or directly to the Senior Monitor (SM).
- Ensure Field Level Agreement (FLA) compliance by checking that CP has staff on the ground in accordance with the terms of the FLA & budget as well as security of the distribution point, beneficiary, etc.
- Distribute beneficiary feedback hotline cards directly to beneficiaries of FDPs being visited.
- Provide accurate reports to the TL in the formats provided.
- Conduct regular meeting with community leaders & CPs to discuss distribution arrangements, food entitlements & other relevant issues.
- Assist the TL or SM to assess further need for food aid in emergency & other cases.
- Perform other related activities as requested.
- Ensure to monitor at least 30% of the inaccessible distribution sites during an average month unless a greater focus on other activities has been advised by the SM.
- Ensure all sites are monitored at least once in every 4 months.
- The role reports to the Team Leader.
- This role does not have any team management responsibility.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Relevant qualification(s) relevant to the role are required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be fluent in English & Somali.
Other relevant information:
How to apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: