|Field Project Assistance
||Project Officer and Manger
||Burhakaba, Southwest State
||6 Months, Possible Extension on Job Satisfaction
||17th August 2021
PASOS is a humanitarian aid agency of nonpolitical and non for profit making organization based in Somalia and is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.PASOS immediately respond where there is crisis to build opportunities, promote sustainable growth, construct effective governance, effective and sustainable project across Somalia. since established 1997, we had achieved significant project implements in multi areas of food security & Livelihood, water & sanitation, health & nutrition, peace building & reconciliation. we are committed to having the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges.
ORGANIZATION SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
- Alleviate poverty by improving economic status of vulnerable communities through enhanced foodproduction by providing farm implements and inputs and diversification of income generating activities
- enhance emergency response and livelihood crisis intervention through provision of Food/Cash/Non-food items Relief kits delivery, Livestock take-off /re-stocking, Water trucking to pastoralists and provision of temporary shelters.
- Improve access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) conditions of the poor communities throughconstruction and/or rehabilitation of water catchment dams, installing water tanks and construction ofunderground water tanks, provision of sanitation facilities and hygiene awareness training and promotionhygiene education.
- Improve access to education by children and youth through provision of facilities, teaching and learning
- Increase opportunities for youth and Adult to further their education through distance learning.
- Improve health status of communities through health education; environmental cleanliness, hygienepromotion and increasing access to primary health and child care centers in area of operation.
- Enhance environmental education, awareness and participation in environmental protection andconservation activities by the communities
- Promote peaceful co-existence and proactively resolve conflicts
- Empower the youth to contribute to the social, economic and political development of their community
- Create awareness of issues surrounding children in difficult circumstances with particular regard to childabuse and neglect livelihood
BACKGROUND OF JOB SPECIFICATION
Field Project Assistance will be responsible to assist all the field programmatic implementation of different sectors FSL and WASH. The field project assistance will close work with senior management of the organization and facilitate all tasks need urgent response, prepare all documents, ensure all required documents been accomplished on time, draft reports, cross check all the assigned activities done well. the field project assistance will close work with field project officers, assist them to achieve necessary activities in accordance with project timelines. Field Project Assistance contribute project planning, reporting, representation and routine monitoring of the project progress. Assist project trainings, procurement and financial plans as well as liquidations, and timely documentations. Project Assistance, assist the project activities in the field level, draft field report, collect field data, prepare beneficiary lists, organize community mobilizer, regularly visit the field, communicate regularly community the village leaders, VRCs, collect photos and prepare project implementation video documentaries and assist all other necessary project implements
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION/KEY RESPONSIBILITY
- Support the FSL Project Officer to ensuring PASOS policies and procedures are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress;
- Assist the overseeing the implementation of ongoing project activities in Burhakaba to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
- Prepare community mobilization activities and tasks
- Prepare community mobilizer daily implementation tasks
- Participate asset assessment tasks
- Participate verification process of final selected assets follow the criteria set to follow
- Regularly visit the field of cash for work activities in line with the guidance of the FSL project officer
- Ensure that PASOS actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
- Prepare attendance sheets and daily cross check and collect from the field
- Daily supervise car movement log sheets, share with finance department
- Assist the allocation plan all material/tools/equipment to the village
- Regularly assist the field assessment based on data collection
- Participate training of the VRCs/CMs/Skilled Workers/Field Staffs
- Ensure to adhere all policies of the organization is been follow during implementation of the project
- Follow all the project officers field work plan
- Assist to collect all the accountability field cases, assist the beneficiaries to community HOTLINE numbers to pass all their consent information regards their concerns
- Assist preparation of effective work environment that create successful programmatic implementation
- Daily report and challenges regard security, work and other related cases
- Respectful work with senior in highest and excellent conduct
- Been able to assign code of conducts of the organization
- You will implement all necessary task need to accomplish on timeframe
- 1stUniversity degree in Project management, Social sciences, Economics/ any other relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- 1 year experience in humanitarian aid and non for profit
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skills.
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Should work Burhakaba as base office and the person should be locally accepted.
- Multi cultural, can work with team with different interpersonal character, good character and respective
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Somali.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer skills
How to Apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application email@example.com quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 17th August 2021.
Each application should be addressed to the HR manager based in liaison office in Nairobi and include the following:
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter
- contact information for three work-related referees. Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. PASOS is an equal opportunity employer
Project Assistance - Burhakaba