About the Job
The Veterinarian Field Officer is responsible for the overall management and implementation of the Economic Security (EcoSec) Livestock activities and resources in the assigned area of responsibility (AoR).
He/she analyses the Livestock situation within the AoR; conducts livestock needs assessments and plans EcoSec livestock interventions in consultation with the respective field management, technical supervisor and EcoSec team.
This is a national/resident position based in Garowe, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Participates actively in the design, planning and implementation of the Livestock projects/ program review and evaluation
· Contributes to the set-up and conduct of livestock needs assessments in the AoR by using the standard EcoSec livestock approach and internally established tools for Livestock program and procedures
· Formulates proposal drafts for Livestock projects including SMART indicators, expected outputs/ outcomes, plan of action (PoA) and project budget, based on the internally established tools and procedures
· Ensures that the Livestock projects implementation are carried out in line with the set objectives, time frame, allocated budget and the internally adopted coordination mechanisms
· Conducts regular monitoring of the EcoSec Livestock interventions based on the internally established tools and procedures
· Conducts response analysis of different EcoSec Livestock interventions (SWOT approach), associated risks and mitigation measures, including appropriateness and feasibility aspects and provides support to other involved staff when required
· Organises and supervises the selection of Livestock beneficiaries by following the criteria attributed to a project
· Offers technical support to other EcoSec Field Officers in their respective region on the planned Livestock interventions and delegates where necessary.
· Provides support/ coaching to the teams of the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) involved in the monitoring process
· Maintains up to date information on the livestock situation, analyses and compiles the relevant data on the context concerning livelihoods, livestock and markets, local historical, social, political and other aspects pertinent to the program implementation
· Provides written contributions for the delegation’s annual planning exercise regarding the evolution of the Livestock input on economic security situation and program implementation
· Prepares monitoring reports and ensures that the respective field management, technical supervisor and involved EcoSec specialist(s), are regularly and timely informed on the projects’ progresses based on the monitoring findings
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· Degree in Veterinary Science or any other related field of study
· 3 years’ experience in a similar position
· Experience and knowledge of the pastoralist system and livelihood of the Somali communities
· Experience in drafting project proposals and preparing monitoring and assessment reports
· Team leadership skills and ability to work independently
· Excellent command of written and spoken Somali and English
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Especially Excel and Word)
· Flexibility and willingness to travel extensively in Somalia
· Good knowledge of political, social and cultural environment of this region
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organisation
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply:
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 15th December 2019. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *email@example.com.