The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose ICRC exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The Finance & Administration Manager is responsible for the integrity of financial and analytical accounting within the Sub Structure. S/he oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of premises and staff travel in the Sub-Structure. He/she oversees Logistics activities in the area of responsibility.
This is a resident/National position based in Bosaso.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing of documents for payments; ensuring that all the necessary supporting documents are provided
- Ensures cash count is done on a daily basis
- Ensures appropriate book keeping for the Sub-Structure
- Prepares the annual budget, involved in monthly forecast and risk reporting, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations
- Oversees maintenance of offices and residential premises and provides an appropriate security set-up, including safe accommodation for all staff
- Responsible for proper management of the premises within the area of responsibility and ensures that all the passive security measures are functioning
- Supports in all travel arrangements at the Sub Structure level
- Offers administrative support to Human Resources on the appraisals process, coordination of interviews and tests in the field and supports in Leave tracking
- In close collaboration with the Human Resources department ensures compliance to statutory reporting and remittance requirements
- Supervises, coaches and evaluates performance for employees working in the Premises department (Housekeepers, Cooks and Technical assistants and Gardeners)
- Supports in Logistics activities with the region; ensures proper storage of all goods, updates bin cards, involved in transport management and on cargo handling and storage, tax Exemption and import/export processes
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Degree in Commerce, Business Administration and Business Management or relevant qualification in a related field of study
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position in Finance and Administration
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and practices strict adherence to timelines
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, team management skills and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good knowledge of the social, economic and political affairs of the assigned region
- Strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- Excellent command of the English and Somali language
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
Training and development opportunities
A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email addres firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 22nd March 2021. Clearly indicate Finance & Administration Manager Bosaso in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information