Finance Assistant - Baidoa
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Resource Management Officer (Mogadishu) and under the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (Mogadishu), the successful candidate will be responsible for providing assistance in the implementation and monitoring of various projects in the mission. The incumbent will be responsible for daily financial and administrative tasks such as invoice processing, payment of bills and monthly closing of accounts.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensures timely review of invoices for vendor payments and timely recording of expense transactions into IOM accounting system.
- Reviews all types of payments starting from purchase requisition up to payment requests and ensures all the supporting documents are attached herewith.
- Prepares RFPs related to operations and office.
- Responsible to submit all payment requests signed by the authorized signatories and the original supporting documents to IOM Mission Finance Unit in Mogadishu for treasury entries.
- Maintains log sheet of all payments processed and submit to National Finance Officer on weekly basis.
- Checks Travel Authorization and Letter of Invitation supporting documents before sending to RMO for signature.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and External Candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
- Prepares the Travel Expense Claims (TEC) and LOIs claims and sends to Mogadishu Finance together with the supporting documents related to the travels.
- Acts as the focal person for finance from the sub-office.
- Proactively coordinates with the programme colleagues to ensure that IOM policy is put in place.
- Maintain a filling system for all the documents processed for audit purposes.
- Perform other related duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Accounting and Finance, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or ACCA or its equivalent with four years of relevant professional finance experience;
• Minimum 3 years direct work experience in all Finance functions.
• Previous work experience in finance-related field especially with UN and International Agencies, or NGO’s is an advantage.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned;
• Strong knowledge of computer applications, especially MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
• Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
• Mature individual, able to work independently, under pressure, able to maintain accuracy, paying attention to details, meeting deadlines and working with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills with proven ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues
Languages: Excellent in English both in writing and speaking is as an added advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Vacancy Notice Number (VN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. females are encouraged to apply.
Posting period: From: 10.09.2019 to 24.09.2019