Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since May 1992. Currently, Action Against Hunger is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security, livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and responsibilities:
Action Against Hunger Somalia is looking for a Somali national to fill the position of Finance Assistant (Archivist). The position will be based in Mogadishu-Somalia. The incumbent will report to the Finance Coordinator.
The Goal of the Finance Assistant (Archivist) is to To review, manage, classify and preserve Finance department archival documents (electronic and hardcopy)
The Finance Assistant (Archivist)’s core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Objective 1: Ensure quality of accounting documents
- Sort and vouch accounting documents to ensure they are in accordance with required policies, procedures, guidelines, and compliance with donor rules and regulations.
- Check the nature of the document and its presentation (photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, terms used, accuracy of calculations, etc.);
- Translates financial documents (invoices) as appropriate and maintaining complete files.
- Flow up with field and office staff for any missing documents and make sure that all required documents are fully completed, by creating Excel sheet database (Checklist) and ensure proper follow-up and report any missing documents.
- Prepare the required documents in case of external/internal audit
- Classify and review the cash for work vouchers and follow the program for any missing.
- After the monthly accounting closure check the accounting codes, the project codes and the budget codes;
Objective 2: File and archive the documents:
- Ensures the management of the data file and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
- Meticulously name and classify each file/document stored in a computer, to ensure easy access.
- Check that all the invoices are present for each budget line and each contract
- Ensure accurate photocopying/Scanning of all original & split documents
- File (Physically and Electronically) the originals according to budget (contract) and budget line
Objective 3: Prevent and manage fraud and corruption:
- Identify any risks of fraud and corruption in daily operations in Somalia.
- Immediately alerting the Finance Coordinator to cases of fraud and corruption and undertaking corrective action.
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- Diploma or University degree in business or finance, or the equivalent
- At least five (2) years’ experience in finance and accounting.
- Good IT skills
- Able to work autonomously
- Spoken and written English communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Planning & Organizing
How to apply:
Applications, should include a CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
email@example.com not later than 12th October 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line**. RE:** Finance Assistant (Archivist)- Mogadishu
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Somalia nationals