Finance Clerk - Mogadisho
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the
leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental,
intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer in Mogadishu, Somalia the successful candidate will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in maintain a filing system and to ensure proper custody and tracking of
finance documents, that is vouchers, bank correspondence etc.
- Assist in registering travel authorizations, maintain and update the TA register.
- Review and ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers; verify invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
- Proper recording/filing of hard copy of financial documents.
- Ensure travel claims by staff are paid on time and follow up on settlement status when necessary.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• One year experience with Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field. Certification in CPA II or more will be an added advantage; or
• Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years’ of relevant professional experience.
• Familiar with excel spreadsheets, work processing and other computer tools.
• Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
• Knowledge in financial and cash handling task.
Fluency in English and Somalia is required.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: pproduces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Call for Application Number (CFA No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 10.09.2019 to 24.09.2019