ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Finance Intern position in Hargeisa.
I. Main Objective
The main objective of the Finance intern is to assist the ACTED Finance department with their operational tasks. This translates to ensure a proper and clean documentation of every project conducted by ACTED.
The intern will be mostly in charge of the daily accounting management
II. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting on the debt follow-up and contract follow-up to the Snr Finance Officer
- Collecting the information on cash disbursement for the Hargeisa Office
- Assisting performing the petty cash management
- Assisting elaborating the cash book for Hargeisa
- Assisting the Finance Officer in the monthly accounting through:
- Checking the finance documentation (expenses, advances etc)
- Preparing the finance voucher
- Filling the voucher when necessary
- Assisting the Snr Finance Officer in the monthly accounting through preparation of the reconciliation statement, scanning the end month’s documents, counter checking vouchers against the cashbook….
- Assist in consolidation of the V1 closure documents.
- Assist from time to time in reviewing field finance vouchers.
- Protection Mainstreaming: promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors)
- Perform other tasks as requested by ACTED Management
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
- Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Keen to detail and accuracy required and willing to learn
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Fluency in Somali language is an added advantage