Summary of Responsibility:
IRC Somalia is working to achieve optimal performance in terms of program quality strengthening operations and finance department by emerging tools, systems and staff capacity to adhere to IRC policies and procedures and donor compliance.
- Maintain both KES and USD petty cash at the set limits; take responsibility of any cash differences arising.
- Ensure that all petty cash payments are properly supported and duly authorized per the IRC delineation schedule before disbursement.
- Ensuring that authorizations on the payments requests are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart.
- Prepare the petty cash spreadsheets to upload stage ready for review by the FM prior to upload in SUN system.
Accounting & Reporting
- Prior to filing, ensure that all documents have been stamped 'PAID' including the cash payment reference no. details.
- Maintain an organized and well-documented (all files must be labeled properly and visibly) and sequential filing system for all cash disbursement vouchers.
- Preparation of excel and SUN journals, ensuring these are fully supported and ready for review by 17th by the FC/CD.
- Ensure that the withholding tax certificates are issued on monthly basis in a timely manner.
- Ensure that PAYE, NSSF and NHIF is remitted by the 9th of the next month.
- Ensure that all other payroll deductions (HELB, Life Insurance, and Pension) are remitted to the respective institutions by the 9th of the next month.
- Providing adequate support as required by auditors, other departments and third parties in the retrieval of required documents.
1.Minimum CPA II qualification. University degree is an added advantage
2.Knowledge in Excel and other computer applications.
- Ensuring donor regulations are adhered to for all aspects of the operations
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.