Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 8 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $75 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices, Head Quarter in New York City and Operational Centre in Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
Summary of Position
The Finance manager will be responsible for management of mission accountancy cycle from opening to closure including but not limited to processing all financial transactions, tracking of budgets, and vouching documents before payments are processed. The Finance manager will ensure that financial and procurement procedures are implemented and support the organizations auditing process.
The finance manager Will be directly responsible for payment processing, conducting spot check to verify expenditures, general ledger postings, archiving and audit preparation as well as closure of monthly accountancy
- Liaise with field finance teams as well as HR department to ensure completeness of documentation before processing payments.
- Liaise with consortium partners to verify expenditures and conduct spot checks on quarterly basis
- Liaise with HQ/ Hearo office on accountancy closure.
- High quality accounting for Action Against Hunger.
- Management of payables of the mission
- Proper filing of the financial documents
Essential job duties.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are carried out and recorded in accordance with Action Against procedures and policies.
- Review field cashbooks and provide feedback on necessary corrections needed.
- Updating the monthly accountancy in the system and ensuring closure is done in a timely manner.
- Preparation of all payments to be processed by ensuring all necessary supporting documents are provided and correctness of documentation.
- Provide feedback to field teams on status of payments and missing support documents.
- Filing mission Finance documents as per Action Against Hunger policies and procedures.
- Periodically visit partners and review their financial and administrative policies and procedures, identify shortcomings and train partners in Areas.
- Conduct spot check and verification of consortium partner expendures before payment processing.
- Prepare all necessary documentation for audits and donor verification.
- Fiscal Responsibility.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames Under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gender Equality Commitments
- Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect all cultures.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment.
The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience.
- University degree in business or finance; Professional qualification in Accounting or Finance would be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years Finance experience preferably in INGO/NGO is mandatory.
- Sound knowledge of accounting procedures and principles.
Required Skills & Competencies.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and be initiative.
- Strong computer skills and ability to use standard computing packages such as word, excel, spreadsheets
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented.
- Self-motivated, result-driven and reliable.
How To Apply
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29th May 2021 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. Finance Manager-Mogadishu
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.