Who we are:
With 50 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI seeks an experienced, dynamic, and innovation-driven Field Manager to support the implementation of Female Health Worker (FHW) Program in Puntland. This is a one-year program that aims to strengthen the delivery of high impact community-based primary health care services and build capacity of implementing government. This position is subject to project award and funding.Your contributions:
- Lead and develop the Female Health worker program team in Puntland in implementing the Female health worker and capacity building award in Puntland.
- Ensure that activities are implemented according to technical guidance from the donor and the Government.
- Serve as the main point of contact of the FHW program to the Puntland Government and partner in Puntland.
- Ensure timely completion of activities against workplan deadlines.
- Draft programmatic reports and share it with the Chief of Party, for submission to the donor
- Ensure strong coordination with partners and government stakeholders in Puntland
- Represent the Puntland FHW program as required at relevant technical working groups, e.g. health and Nutrition cluster, workshops etc.
- Ensure the effective use of the project resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with donor, Government and PSI standards.
- Ensure high-quality periodic reporting in line with donor and PSI requirements
- Any other role assigned by the Chief of Party
Minimum qualification and professional experiences required:
- Postgraduate or master’s degree, preferably in Public Health, Public Administration, Business Administration, or management related field
- At least 5 years of post-qualification management experience
- Fluency in Somali is required.
- At least five years staff management experience
- Demonstrated experience managing complex logistics
- At least five years of experience in community health worker programs
- Demonstrated experience engaging communities in health programming
- Experience in Somalia’s current health system is mandatory
- Experience in working with Government especially Federal Member States is an added advantage
- Experience developing capacity to government entities especially around community health programs
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Somali languages, verbal as well as written
- Excellent teamwork and facilitation skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Willingness to travel regularly to all corners of the Federal Member State to which they are assigned