|FSL Project Officer
||Burhakaba, Southwest State
||6 Months, Possible Extension on Job Satisfaction
||16th August 2021
PASOS is a humanitarian aid agency of nonpolitical and non for profit making organization based in Somalia and is committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. PASOS immediately respond where there is crisis to build opportunities, implement relief activities, promote sustainable growth, construct effective governance and effective sustainable project across Somalia. since established 1997, we had achieved significant project implements in multi areas of food security & livelihood, water & sanitation, health & nutrition, peace building & reconciliation. we are committed to have the most sustainable impact for the communities and the people with whom we engage. we are enterprising and engage in our work with a spirit that creates value and overcomes challenges.
ORGANIZATION SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
- Alleviate poverty by improving economic status of vulnerable communities through enhanced foodproduction by providing farm implements and inputs and diversification of income generating activities
- enhance emergency response and livelihood crisis intervention through provision of Food/Cash/Non-food items Relief kits delivery, Livestock take-off /re-stocking, Water trucking to pastoralists and provision of temporary shelters.
- Improve access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) conditions of the poor communities throughconstruction and/or rehabilitation of water catchment dams, installing water tanks and construction ofunderground water tanks, provision of sanitation facilities and hygiene awareness training and promotionhygiene education.
- Improve access to education by children and youth through provision of facilities, teaching and learning
- Increase opportunities for youth and Adult to further their education through distance learning.
- Improve health status of communities through health education; environmental cleanliness, hygienepromotion and increasing access to primary health and child care centers in area of operation.
- Enhance environmental education, awareness and participation in environmental protection andconservation activities by the communities
- Promote peaceful co-existence and proactively resolve conflicts
- Empower the youth to contribute to the social, economic and political development of their community
- Create awareness of issues surrounding children in difficult circumstances with particular regard to childabuse and neglect livelihood
BACKGROUND OF JOB SPECIFICATION
FSL Project Officer will be responsible for the effective and efficient field implementation of FSL project in Burhakaba district. The successful candidate will closely work with the PASOS Program Manager, in supporting project planning, reporting, representation and routine monitoring of the project progress. The successful candidate will facilitate and contribute to project trainings, procurement and financial plans as well as liquidations, and timely documentations. She/he will regularly ensure project deliverables with staff and with other key program stakeholders and partner, while providing leadership and implementation of all project activities according to the work plan set parameter rationale, beneficiary selection, and verification, formation of village relief committees and community engagement in Village Saving and Loan Association (VSLA), follow ups on conditional cash transfers for Cash For Work Beneficiaries, and Unconditional Cash Transfers to the beneficiaries. She/he will liaison over all PASOS’s activities related ongoing project, in Burhakaba. The post will be located in Burhakaba, bay Region, Somalia, South West State, and will report directly to program manager/program director, The role can often be required to work in complex and challenging environments with scarcity of resources.
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION/KEY RESPONSIBILITY
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring PASOS policies and procedures are adhered to for efficient project implementation and progress;
- Oversee the implementation of ongoing project activities in Burhakaba to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
- Ensure that PASOS actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
- Coordinate with the field team in Burhakaba, monitor on daily base activities by follow project implementation guidance set to follow the project staffs.
- Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the project at the field level to ensure the successful implementation of all projects activities, the generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project objectives.
- To ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented, particularly projects ongoing project documents·
- Prepare monthly reports as well as weekly WAMs and share with program manger
- Regular project site visits to ensure all activities implemented accordantly
- Train VRCs, CMs, and project staffs in the field
- Prepare community mobilizers daily tasks and ensure their assigned activities been implemented as planned
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to program management team in relation to livelihood programming aspects.
- Ensure the quality of cash-based project activities mapped where there are the highest needs exists
- monitor conditional & unconditional based payment been received for the beneficiaries
- Ensure all the beneficiaries received their monthly payment, through direct field visit and VRC communication
- Ensure all beneficiaries attendance sheet prepared well and thumped correctly through your supervision
- Prepare Success stories with all legal documentation
- Participate the regular assessment of the district of operation
- Attend all necessary activities needed
- Managing information flows and overseeing change controls, risk registers and issue management; document and feedback lessons learned and best practices;
- Supporting the project planning process;
- 1stUniversity degree in Project management, Social sciences, Economics/ any other relevant field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 or more years’ experience of humanitarian aid, and non for profit institutions, civil society agencies
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and community mobilization skills.
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Should work Burhakaba as base office and the person should be locally accepted.
- Multi cultural, can work with team with different interpersonal character, good character and respective
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Somali.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel and other computer skills
How to Apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application email@example.com quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 16th August 2021.
Each application should be addressed to the HR manager based in liaison office in Nairobi and include the following:
- An updated CV; and
- An application letter
- contact information for three work-related referees. Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. PASOS is an equal opportunity employer
FSL Project Officer Burhakaba