Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the FSL/WASH Officer position in Baidoa, Somalia.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Project Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that projects’ activities are fully implemented in accordance with proposals, according to ACTED rules and regulations and donor requirements in Baidoa, Somalia. You will be attached to the implementing partner in the area and is required to smoothen the partnerships, give the necessary capacity building, guidance and supervision of partner activities. You will be the focal point on the ground for ACTED to help in coordination and collaboration with local authorities when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee the implementation of all project activities to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
· Liaise with local authorities, local partner and communities as need be
· Ensure that ACTED actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
· Coordinate with the field team in Baidoa and the AMEU department to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans.
· Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the project at the field level to ensure the successful implementation of all projects activities, the generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project objectives.
· To ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities in Somalia, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc.)
· Write monthly reports as well as Weekly WAMs and share with Deputy Project Manager
· Help in development and updating of monthly Project Management Framework (PMF) sheets to ensure smooth tracking of the assigned projects
· Periodically monitor and update Beneficiary database of the projects and update in the events of re-targeting before finally sharing with interested departments
· Accurately manage payrolls for beneficiaries ahead of cash transfers.
· Ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc.)
· Coordinate with AME departments in alerting them on all planned monitoring activities of the projects and create smooth work relationship
· To manage the field program staff in Baidoa and monitor the implementing partner. Act as officer in charge of the area base and therefore manage and supervise all field staff in Baidoa.
· To provide strategic advice and guidance to program management team in relation to livelihood programming aspects
· To undertake biannual appraisal of staff under his responsibility
· To budget and monitor project expenditures to ensure they are in line with ACTED and donor requirements.
· Liaise with FLAT team in the field and area office to coordinate procurement and other needs for project implementation and organization base support
· Act as focal point for the base including security follow ups, team leadership and coordination between departments.
· To produce departmental internal report on weekly and monthly basis
· To provide internal reporting as requested from coordination and line management
· Provide capacity building to implementing partner staff when appropriate and make sure that the local partner implements the projects as per the ACTED rules and regulations as well as per Donor requirements.
· Protection Mainstreaming: promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
· Perform any additional task as requested by the line Manager.
Essential qualifications and experience:
· Completion of university degree in civil engineering, humanities, social studies, architecture, urban planning or engineering
· Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
· Experience working in a camp setting
· Previous work with camp management agency
· Technical skills such as Microsoft Office.
· Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
· Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
Essential knowledge and skills:
· Fluency in English and local language, both oral and written.
· Extensive knowledge of Somalian displacement context.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
· Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
· Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
· Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
· Commitment to promoting gender equality.
· Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
· Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
· Experience in WASH/FSL, including Introduction to WASH/FSL Training.
· Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
· Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.