Summary of Role:
The Head of Programs will lead, develop, and manage the program team to achieve the aspirations of Muslim Aid Somalia Country Strategy through Programme Development, effective coordination, consolidation, technical support, and guidance by ensuring a cohesive team spirit and motivation to perform. He/she manages and ensures resource mobilization, prioritization and allocation, work plan coherence to deliver the Muslim Aid Somalia Country Strategy.
About the Role:
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic plans and budgets for all programs in the country
- Provide leadership to the Programme Team towards achieving the objectives of the Country Strategy of Muslim Aid Somalia
- Lead on development of programme ideas into quality grant proposals through a community based, participatory approach
- Ensure close monitoring of the program works in the field to ensure alignment and contribution to country strategy, monitor flow of information and systemic documentation of quantitative and qualitative achievements in the field and lessons learned thereof
- Ensure quality and timely submission of quarterly and annual or required Programme and Project Performance Reports as per desired standards and guidelines
To be successful in this role:
- You will be an exceptional experienced and qualified Head of Programs with a minimum seven-year post qualification experience plus minimum of five years at a senior level
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level. Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Social Sciences, Health, or development studies. Project planning and management, Public Health, Participatory approaches and methodologies, sustainable livelihoods, humanitarianism, programme management, or equivalent
- You will have strong experience of leading programs development, implementation and proposal writing function and the ability to work effectively at both strategic and operational levels
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Head of Programs to be able to lead on, build and develop quality programming.