Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
The position will be reporting to Country Director and keep constant in liaising with field HR team, the HR Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating, implementing and monitoring all the Human Resources Management functions IRW Somalia. These responsibilities will include but not limited to recruitment, selection, orientation, retention, exit programs, staff welfare, performance management and administration of HR policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages Country HR & Admin issues related to organizational operations.
- Supervise HR & Admin Team at Country with field oversight
- Develop and monitor annual departmental budget, goals and objectives and annual operational/work plan for both HR and Administration teams
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of HR related transactions
- Plans, implements, and manages the human resources function for IRS, including recruiting, employee relations, regulatory compliance – domestic & global compensation, benefits, staff development, and employee communications.
- Responsible for staffing, employee education and training, management development, compensation and benefits, employment contracts
- Serve as a resource for managers; coach and mentor senior managers to effectively use the full range of HR tools such as the performance process.
- Investigates employee relations issues such as disciplinary, grievances, equity issues.
- Maintain a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits program to support IRS’s ability to attract and retain high quality and well qualified employees.
- Manage HR related external vendors such as payroll and benefits administrators.
- Manage employee immigration processes to include tracking of visas, coordinating filings, employee communications, and coordinating with legal counsel.
- Prepares job descriptions and prepares and updates IRS’s employee handbook.
- Manages and coordinates departmental activities as it pertains in IRS rules and regulations, policies and practices and advises relevant staff on implementation.
- Serves as subject matter expert on compliance and adherence to HR standard operating procedures
- Partners with heads of departments to develop HR programs that support project goals.
- Effectively communicate HR policies, procedures, programs and laws organization-wide.
- Implement, review and continuously improve HR services and processes; make recommendations and support field offices in implementation.
- Work with managers to identify performance goals and objectives, standards of measurement and accountability.
- Develop and manage IRS’s performance evaluation program and ensure staff progression and development.
- Builds capacity and coordinates training and development activities in support of IRS’s
- Strategic plan including management and leadership development
- Qualifications, Experience and skills
HRM Degree and related qualifications, preference will be given to applicants with a relevant Master degree
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in human resources and administration with INGOs/UN body in a similar role.
- Experience in remote management
- Excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge about Somalia employment law and its implementation including Somalia labor law Policy
- Designed, developed and delivered training
- Thorough knowledge of existing legislations/laws.
- Must be a computer literate especially in MS Word and Excel.
- A professional with high personal integrity and commitment.
- An individual that can cope work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to plan ahead and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, in English and Somali. APPLICATION PROCESS
IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
- Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com and include the following:
- An updated CV; and An application letter
- Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
- Copy of your National ID card or passport
- And contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as HR and Administration Coordinator.