Overall Job Purpose
Provide strategic leadership and guidance in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of an effective human resources management and development programme aligned to strategic goals and objectives and in compliance with labour laws and regulations. Coordinate workforce planning and staffing, recruitment and selection, performance management, training and capacity development, salary and benefits, employee relations and change management initiatives aimed at attracting and retaining productive and talented workforce.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Educational Qualifications & Professional Training Requirements
- Provide technical and professional leadership in the design, implementation and evaluation of an integrated HR plan, policies and systems to effectively support achievement of the strategic plan
- Review and update organisational structures and determine optimum workforce staffing and capacity requirements to support programme implementation and the delivery of strategic objectives
- Develop and update job descriptions, advertise vacancies, screen candidates, facilitate interview panels, conduct reference checks, manage contracts as well as terms and conditions of employment
- Conduct training needs assessment and develop training strategy and plan to facilitate the development and delivery of training and capacity building efforts
- Develop and implement performance management system linked to strategic objectives aimed at ensuring that employee performance is measured against agreed performance contracts
- Design an equitable and competitive salary and benefit structure, benchmarking with other humanitarian organizations to attract and retain productive, talented and motivated staff
Job Experience & CompetenciesRequirements
||Post-Graduate qualifications or equivalent professional practice in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Public Administration, or Education,
||Leadership and Management ; Change Management
Human Resource Management Information Systems
Who we are
||Minimum 7 years relevant experience in recruitment and selection, performance management, training and development, salary and benefits, employee relations, employment law and change management. At least 3 years’ experience in senior management working as HR generalist supporting multiple locations
||· Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
· Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
· Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
· Effective communications and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point
· Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
· Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage inter-group dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
· Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports .
· Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials
· Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
· Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
||· Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages
The Somaliland Red Crescent Society is a non-profit organization part of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement based on the seven principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. Our aim is to support the society, particularly the most vulnerable.
SRCS offers a contract of one year, renewable depending on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and willing to work in Hargeisa, with field trips to other regions.
Salary and conditions are according to SRCS terms of employment for national staff.
If you are interested and think that your profile match with the requirements, you can apply sending your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
November2019.Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.