CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Develop company policies & procedures, strategic tools concerning staff welfare & career development, benefits & compensation package, etc. Develop the SOP's for the following sections in HR department. Evaluate the procedures on a timely basis for effectiveness and upgrade as necessary.
- HR Services
- Issue contracts of employment, TOR's & associated paperwork to all new colleagues & issue contractual amended as required.
- Ensure orientation to new employees is conducted by relevant department.
- Deal with employee requests regarding HR issues, rules & regulations.
- Compile & update employee records (hard & soft copies).
- Conduct the exit interview for resigned employees (if required & as applicable).
- Develop & upgrade the performance management system, develop & implement the performance appraisal plan yearly in coordination with Head of Dept.'s, ensure every employee is evaluated on their overall performance under the system.
- Develop & update policies & procedures for the company on the basis of the local labor laws & reinforce the functioning of all dept.'s in accordance to these policies also resolve specific policy related & procedural issues & inquiries.
- Responsible for the maintenance of HR data bases, software systems (if applicable), filing systems & related documentation to ensure that HR complies with all quality related requirements, this includes periodic revision of the HR manual, TOR's, organization charts etc. to name a few.
- Prepare HR documents required for audit / QC purposes & liaise with the auditing authority to clarify their queries during the audit.
- Instrumental in ensuring synergy in culture, morale & productivity among all team members.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the Global HR Director or as requested by management.
- Responsible to comply with the applicable laws, regulations & procedures of our client & their customers.
- Responsible for reporting to his / her superiors' occurrences, events, violations & acts that may affect safety, security & company reputation.
Key performance indicators:
- Effective planning & implementation of assigned deliverables in the specified time frame.
- Leadership & assertiveness.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective communication.
- Dispute resolution & balance between employee & management.
- Knowledge of local labor laws, compliance requirements, market trends, corporate goals etc.
Project reporting: This role reports to the GM.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years in related HR functions with a few years of experience at a supervisory level is desired.
- Superior leadership qualities.
- Good knowledge of Puntland / Somali labor laws.
- Excellent strategic vision & analytical skills, high order organization, prioritization & time management skills.
- Fluent & logical conversationalist.
- Effective in spoken / written English & Somali.
- Excellent communicator & mediator, approachable & a team person.
- Excellent PC skills, especially in Excel, PowerPoint & reporting software.
- Tact & with high regard to confidentiality.
Team management: Team management experience is desirable.
Further information: The candidate must be physically & mentally fit for the job.