The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgadud regions) and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH, Governance and peacebuilding, GBV, Nutrition, education and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
Under the supervision of the Field Manager, the HR/Admin Assistant will support and be the focal person in various HR and admin functions for IRC Somalia Garowe field office, such as ensuring adherence to all personnel policies; recruitment, orientation and training for newly recruited staff and overall office administration.
The HR/Admin assistants participates in maintaining and reviewing all administrative and human resource systems and procedures. S/he will ensure uniform compliance with policies and procedures at all sites and provides technical support to all staff.
- Implementation of policies in Garowe field office. Assist the FM and the HR/Admin Manager in developing and reviewing policies/ guidelines for further presentation.
- Ensure proper and adequate understanding of Somalia labor laws and IRC’s obligations and advice the FM on the same.
- Manage recruitment process under the field office level including review of CVs and short listing and ensure that all recruitment has passed through reference checks, timely job offer and proper orientations for newly hired staff.
- Monitor and ensure the timely preparation and payment of payroll for the IRC staffs & seconded staffs, back pay, severance and other related pays due to staff.
- Monitor and ensure that all personnel documents are updated and maintained in the personnel files at the field office.
- Ensuring that all staff have been reviewed & goals set.
- Maintain & update employee records and other HR records on Human Resource Information System: - Input of changes to employee records including new staff, exiting staff & contract extensions / terminations.
- Ensure all staffs in Garowe have complete personnel files
- Ensure all employees database is maintained and updated.
- Maintain up to date leave records for staff.
- Follow up and ensure to conduct exit interviews for exiting national staff and maintain copies on the file.
- Monitor and coordinate timely contract renewals, preparation of ID cards, hiring and termination letters.
- Overall responsibility for office administration ensuring smooth functioning of the office and portrayal of professionalism- cleanliness, staff attendance, management of visitors.
- Supervise the guesthouse for smooth running; cleaning, meals and support to visitors keeping register of guesthouse use.
- Follow up timely procurement of office supplies and monitor reconciliation of office supplies with the warehouse report from logistics.
- Assist in purchasing and selecting staff gifts, organizing fare well parties etc
- University Degree/College diploma in Office Management, Business Administration with focus on human resource management and office administration.
- At least 2years’ experience with an INGO in similar roles.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to operate professionally and at a pace that assists in fast tracking various HR processes and decisions.
- Ability to manage demanding workload and problem solving.
- Excellent computer skills, especially word, excel and power point.
- Excellent in English and Somali both speaking & writing
How to apply
You can apply through the following link:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Female candidates are highly encouraged.