Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia Since May 1992. Currently, Action Against Hunger is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security and the livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and Responsibilities:
Action Against Hunger Somalia is looking for a suitable Somali National to fill the position of Human Resources Officer. The position will be based in Mogadishu -Somalia. The HR Officer reports hierarchically and technically to the Human Resources Coordinator
The HR Officer is to assist the Human Resources Coordinator in the HR management of the mission.
The HR Officer‘s core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Mission 1: Provide timely preparation of the monthly payrolls for Somalia Mission
- Preparing the payroll based on the updates from the bases and from(advances, allowances, bonuses, salaries, leaves, overtime);
- Ensuring the bases send the updates on time and their accuracy;
- Preparing the payment file (the 15th and the 25th of each month) and sending it to HR and Finance Coordinators for Validation.
- Checking the eligibility of the employees for salary advances and leaves;
- Printing the pay slips and filing them
- Prepare payments schedule for statutory deductions
- Transmit the monthly tax calculation to Finance department after validation
- Prepare the quarterly tax returns declarations
Mission 2: Ensure update of the Personnel files
- Creating HR files for all new employees
- Preparing employment contracts, amendments, renewals , confirmations and terminations for HR Coordinator signature
- Prepare end of contract indemnities and documentation including resignation acceptance
- Ensuring staffs provide all relevant documentation and sign all required documents; contracts, JD’s, code of conduct etc.
- Keep the employees files up-to-date; ;
- Archive HR files when necessary.
- Ensure up-to- date payroll files
Mission 3: Participate in the HR administration
- Managing the staff data base and ensuring its accuracy
- Leave management, follow up with HR/Admin Field Officers
- Preparing Action Against Hunger identity cards for new employees
- Managing the working insurance for the staff
- Obtaining travel insurance for staff when they are travelling out of the country
- Visa application for staff
- Coordinating with relevant departments on accommodation, flight and transport for staff travelling
Mission 4 : Participate in the HR projects and in the management of HR issues
- Following up with supervisors on pending appraisals
- Collecting and compiling and keeping an up to date record of all the completed appraisals from all the bases
- Notify the HR Coordinator on staff who have qualified for progression and keep up dated record of the same
- Filling out the training calendar with the courses identified in appraisals
- Assisting the HR Coordinator in training related issues
- Assisting the HR Coordinator in the internal and external communication
- Assisting the HR Coordinator and participate in the management of HR projects; COLA, market surveys.
Mission 5: Participate in the National staff recruitment
- Collecting application forms and addressing them to the concerned department after initial HR screening when necessary
- In coordination with HR/Admin Field Officers organizing for the recruitment tests & interviews;
- Participating in HR interviews for lower level positions
- Conducting reference checks for selected candidates
- Assisting the HR Coordinator in the communication of the results throughout the recruitment process
- Managing the HR induction program towards the new employees
- Maintaining a complete recruitment file
Mission 6: Administration of related tasks concerning expatriates.
- Manage arrival of expatriates (accommodation booking, pick up, welcome pack etc.)
- Process flight bookings for Action Against Hunger staff (work and/or break related)
- Handle any visa request as needed
- Assist HR Coordinator in management Work Permits, special passes etc. for expatriates.
- Follow up of RTT sheets
- Management of Return tickets monitoring for expats
Qualifications, experience and competencies
- A Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Organization Development or relevant field experience
- Professional Certification in Human Resource Management
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role. International NGO experience is an added advantage
- Excellent people management, analytical, problem solving, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an individual capacity and as part of a team and an ability to multi-task
- Confidentiality, accountability, integrity and ability to handle sensitive situations
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Proven competency in the use computer applications
How to apply:
Applications, should include a CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
email@example.com not later than 12 July 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line HR Officer- Mogadishu
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Somalia nationals