Islamic Relief Somalia seeks qualified and experienced Wash Officer to implement WASH campaigns and lead community training on hygiene promotion, develop the activity plans, and promote access to services. **
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Assess the effectiveness of recommended risk reduction actions or other interventions.
- Contributing to contingency planning for possible WASH emergency response if required.
- Prepare precautionary health reports which include problem explanations, analyses, alternate solutions, and suggestions.
- Assist in developing an overall behavior change strategy for integration of hygiene and health promotion activities for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and Host Population.
- Provide direct oversight to health and hygiene promotion operations in the field including, staff supervision and direct implementation.
- Prepare and organize the recording of vital statistics.
- Prepare quarterly, monthly and weekly reports and updates and share with the Area coordinator.
- Reviews technical requirements, reports and procedures in relation to health center.
- Establish or strengthen partnerships with other clusters or agencies.
- Evaluate and recommend the need for technical skills and contribute to the design of a capacity-building plan to improve the technical skill of the team.
- Supervise periodic training for staff to ensure the quality of messages and full coverage of the population.
- Liaise with WASH and Health Cluster focal points to ensure coordination and integration of key messages such as COVID-19 prevention, Gender Based Violence (GBV) prevention/other protection messages as necessary, good health seeking behavior.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Organize implementation of WASH; Water, Hygiene & Sanitation campaigns in project target populations.
- Responsible to train communities on good hygiene and sanitation practices (hold hygiene promotion sessions).
- Plan activities according to the expected progress of the project based on program work plan (monthly plan and weekly movement planning).
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strong communication skills, used to speak in front of an audience and able to work dynamically with children and adults.
- Report writing
Bachelor degrees in Public Health, nursing or related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in sanitation and hygiene promotion and health minimum (3years)
- Work experience and good understanding of INGs systems and structures.
- Proficiency in English (Written and spoken) is essential.
- Good IT skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel is essential
Additional job responsibilities:
- Identify and inform the area coordinator of any problems or constraints
- Participate in weekly report writing.
- Provide support to the all program staff in the implementation of program activities.
- Submit reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to the area coordinator.
- Organize for implementation of Hygiene & Sanitation campaigns
- Support program staff in collecting data and reports per project needs.
- Promote systematically IRW mandate and humanitarian principles to others stakeholders/partner agencies at all times
Islamic Relief is equal opportunity employer, however encourages female candidates to apply
How to Apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV , cover letter, Academic Qualifications and copy of your passports with 3 referees from your previous/or current employer to the email
ID: firstname.lastname@example.org **
With subject line as application for the position of - wash officer –Garowe Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.