NRC in Somalia
NRC has been active in Somalia since 2004 with four area offices in Kismayu, Mogadishu, Garowe and Hargeisa, providing protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, internally displaced persons and returnees in Somaliland, Puntland, South Central and Jubbaland regions. NRC offers a comprehensive response for returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
The purpose of the ICT assistant position is to assist in the day to day implementation of the delegated functions responsibilities.
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, the recruitment process and start date may be delayed. Nevertheless, we encourage qualified candidates to apply and we will inform shortlisted applicants of any changes as the process evolves. Thank you for your understanding.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support functionSpecific responsibilities;
- Provide help desk support to all users on IT issues.
- Ensure all staff adhere to ICT related guidelines, procedures and standards.
- Maintain regular contact with the ICT Coordinator in Country office for feedback and support on the performance of the network operations to ensure optimum performance.
- Undertake regular backup of office data and keep securely outside office.
- Provide ICT technical support to the Jubaland field offices to ensure respective network optimum performance.
- Provide hardware and software support to all program equipment, servers, computers, laptops etc.
- Schedule regular computer-related service, maintenance and license renewals.
- Update the data disaster recovery plan and implement when appropriate.
- Define, deploy and maintain system security for shared services.
- Maintain protection services (anti-viruses and firewalls) for the entire office setup
- Trouble shoot NRC mailing system problems, and ensure smooth running of general office mail.
- Setup internet connectivity for all staff as well as visitors.
- Capacity build staff on current and new ICT systems.
- Register assets through Aggresso asset management module.
- Ensure tracking of asset in compliance with the Logistics handbook and donor requirements.
- Prepare and submit monthly asset reports.
- Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing user support for all typical office ICT specially LAN/WAN/VSAT/Wireless technologies, Cisco Switches & Routers.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to keep up to date with modern trends in technology and match this with internal specifics.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Hands on experience in server installations and configurations.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, support and implement technical solutions at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
We can offer
Contract period: 12 months with the possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Kismayo, with frequent travel to field offices
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.