The Irrigation Engineer/Infrastructure Engineer will work as part of IRS Engineers team, he will prepare BoQs and Designs, produce progress reports, participate monitoring of all the Infrastructure activities, and participate community mobilization of all activities in Puntland. Can act as organization Civil Engineer and Develop all design and BoQ and contribute to all other technicalities
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Participate conducting monitoring and evaluation for all Construction activities in Puntland.
- Assist in planning the activities for projects; especially those related to water source construction and rehabilitation.
- Collate and analyzing project data including preparation of graphs and visual data.
- Coordinate with the project manager to ensure that the various aspects of the irrigation activities is integrated.
- Supervise all construction activities.
- Prepare project training events in coordination with the project manager and trainers.
- Maintain good relationships in line of communication with relevant local authorities and communities throughout the project.
- Liaise with the beneficiaries, community and community leaders in order to coordinate the project activities.
- Carry out community mobilization of all projects activities and ensure communities acceptances of the project inputs and enough collaboration granted in field level
- Get initial approval from the Project manager and the area coordinator for all plans before commencement of project implementation.
- Regularly monitor the project progress at all its phases (project selection, designing, planning and implementation)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Creativity and Initiative.
- Leadership and Negotiation.
- Performance Management.
Performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Adapting in work Environment and quick learner
- Team Working and collaboration
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Strictly follow on organizational polices and procedure’s, and respect organizational principles at all times and keep organizational confidentiality
- Demonstrate capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- Minimum University bachelor degree in, Architecture, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of irrigation and infrastructure working with INGOs/NGOs.
- English and Somali language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good writing and reporting skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in computer Aided drawing skills such as ArchiCAD and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
Additional job responsibilities
- Assisting Inter-cluster multi-sectoral assessments during critical situations
- Producing Cate studies and success stories of beneficiaries
Islamic Relief is equal opportunity employer, however encourages female candidates to apply
- Child Safeguarding:
- Safeguarding and protection of staff:
- Disaster/Emergency response:
- Deadline: 07/01/2021
How to apply:
IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from qualified/Motivated candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
- Each application should be addressed to the HR account: email@example.com and include the following:
An updated CV; and · An application letter
- Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
- Copy of your Somali National ID card or passport.
- And contact information for three work-related referees.
- Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRW is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Please make sure the job title in the mail subject line is clear as Irrigation Engineer/Infrastructure Engineer-Garowe.
|JD written by: Abdirasak Abdullahi
|JD agreed by: Saa’Id Said Omar
|Job Description updated By: